Sign in to follow this  
Enrico77

Operation flashpoint in widescreen

Hi to all,

this is my first post.

I have a notebook with a 16:10 display at 1280x800; OPF works fine at 1024x768 (with correct aspect ratio) or even at 1280x800 but in the last case with *incorrect* aspect ratio.

I wondering if it is possibile running OPF at 1280x800 but with correct aspect ratio. In other words, not streching the image, but with more field of vision on left/right side...

This would be great, permitting to have a better field of vision...

Anyone know if it is possible ?

Thanks very much and sorry for my bad english

Following entries in UserInfo.cfg affect overal screen aspect ratio:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">fovTop=0.750000;

fovLeft=1.000000;

Following entries affect the area used for 2D drawing, menus and map (all values are relative to the whole screen set):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">uiTopLeftX=0.000000;

uiTopLeftY=0.000000;

uiBottomRightX=1.000000;

uiBottomRightY=1.000000;

All values here are for default 4/3 aspect. Feel free to change them as necessary.

In your case (16/9 aspect) good fov values will be something like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">fovTop=0.750000;

fovLeft=1.333333;

All values here are for default 4/3 aspect. Feel free to change them as necessary.

In your case (16/9 aspect) good fov values will be something like:

OFP doesn't detect this and set this according to the selected or fixed screen resolution? rock.gif

OFP doesn't detect this and set this according to the selected or fixed screen resolution? rock.gif

No. Detecting this is by no means easy (and there is almost certainly no support for this in DirectX).

Note: You cannot assume pixels are square. Many video cards support resolutions like 1600x900 or normal 4/3 screen.