Sign in to follow this  
MrZig

Out of video memory?

No the argument isnt defeated if you go on a server with a specific set of addon you make another mod folder name it @server and put all the addons used there and youre good to go smile_o.gif

I have this "out of video memory can't create 3d device" problem quite a bit. It is always caused by Operation Flashpoint and then it spreads to all my computer. Basically what happens is Operation Flashpoint goes crazy and thinks you don't have a graphics card anymore. DirectX will also think this so when you do the display tests it comes up with an error. The way to fix this is to wipe your graphics drivers off your computer and then reinstall them.

I have a GeForce 4 Ti 4200 128Mb that uses the Nvidia chipset. Everytime I try to upgrade my drivers I get this error but not due to OpFlash but due to DirectX being a horrible piece of software. I can only use drivers that have got WHQL on them and because I don't have XP none of the new drivers for Windows 9x or ME systems have WHQL. Luckily the graphics card came with drivers that had WHQL and work with windows 9x and ME. They are old but at least they work.

Hey, I found out how to get rid of the error!

Add

-nomap

to your shortcut and it'll work.

I just don't know what -nomap does?

I just don't know what -nomap does?

Quote from BIS:

Quote[/b] ]- Different file-acess technique is now used when memory mapping fails. This should prevent Cannot memory map file errors. This alternative technique can be also enforced for all files by using command line switch -nomap

Listen guys, i had the same problem like him, so i did what you told here to do:

Organize the addons into mod folders- so i organize my BAS addons to here:

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\Res\AddOns\BAS

Now the game works just fine, but the problem is that i cant play with any BAS addons...what shuld i do?

Listen guys, i had the same problem like him, so i did what you told here to do:

Organize the addons into mod folders- so i organize my BAS addons to here:

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\Res\AddOns\BAS

Now the game works just fine, but the problem is that i cant play with any BAS addons...what shuld i do?

No, you didn't do what we told you to do.

OFP doesn't know what your BAS subfolder is and couldn't care less.

You need to create the following new mod folder structure and place your BAS addons therein:

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\BAS\AddOns\

Then, at the end of the TARGET command line in the Windows shortcut you're using, add the following -mod swtich:

-mod=BAS

Again, search The FAQ for "mod folders" and read carefully.

ok, i put all BAS addons here:

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\BAS\AddOns

and create a shortcut of Resistance on the desktop, and when i go to the shortcut's Properties, i see this line in "Target":

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FlashpointResistance.exe"

Now, can you please tell me exactly where i shuld put the "-mod=BAS" line? maybe just write the whole line here...

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FlashpointResistance.exe" -mod=BAS

smile_o.gif

edit: you can also add the -nosplash switch to bypass the banner screens on startup:

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FlashpointResistance.exe" -mod=BAS -nosplash

But now i got again the "outofvideomemory"...

maybe i shuld make another mod folders?and if i shuld do, how the line in "Target" shuld look like?

i tried it also...still doesn't work...

maybe you got ICQ? i'm also israeli biggrin_o.gif , we can talk about it in the ICQ...?