Sign in to follow this  
killagee

Great homecoming :(

Hi there

Since being away from my computer for a month, I have a few graphics problems. I have lots of little different coloured dots appearing next to words and windows... I did a virus check... And even (cause I thought it was about time anyway) formatted my hard disk and started from scratch.

These little UAD's ( unidentified annoying dots ) appear throughout my desktop and are really bad on the Windows splash screen...

Any idea's? I have no idea what mischeif my flatmate got up to on my commputer while I was away!

Cheers

P.S. Will post pictures from indonesia tomorror... smile_o.gif

Did you create a systen checkpoint before you left for indonesia, or is there one from a date when you know your system was working fine?

No I didnt. Does Win 98 have system checkpoints or just the new ones?

Playability is the same, but the dots multiply over time... Maybe I just need to clean the dirt out of my scope tounge_o.gif

Where would I learn to check what the overclocking should be for my Video card? (WinFast A280 Geforce 4 Ti 4200 GPU with 8x AGP)

Cheers in advance

Oh dear... Just upgraded to OFPR 1.92... The problem just got a whole lot worse!! Maybe thats started it, I remember the first thing I did when I got back was install this patch, then my problems started. But why would it still carry on after a a full re-install of all the drivers and every application on my computer?

Wierd... ghostface.gif

I get some color spots on textures sometimes, whats up with that? crazy_o.gif

Only time I've had something similar to what you mention is when I overclocked my gfx card beyond a point it was happy, don't know how you'd find out as I know nothing at all about GF cards (ATI man), I'd start by looking in your display settings/advanced, see if there's an overclock tab in there, beyond that you're on your own I'm afraid sad_o.gif

OK, apparently my powersupply and motherboard (1.0gighz 133 AMD) is too old and small for my video card and intensive use. I am gonna get a 2.5gighz 333 AMD with 512 DDRAM.

This better work!

G.

mad_o.gif