Sign in to follow this  
CanisDEK

Hehe 1.40 comming on my birthday...

That's right 1.40 is comming on my birthday, what a pleasant birthday present. Today my gf took me see Lord of the Rings and that was the best film I have seen my entire life.... and having read the books three times both the danish translation and the english colectors edition compiled as the original in 6+1 books I was sceptical to say the least. What a nice birthday... must be some higher power pitying me as the age of 30 draws awfully close (27)...

Anyway I look forward to playing the new and improved OFP... thanks BIS and may life grant you the power to give us more patches wink.gif

Perhaps I't like with the rings?

Three Patches for the fan-boys under the sky,

Seven for the whiner-lords in their halls of stone,

Nine for the Moron Men doomed to die,

One for the Dark 1337 on his dark throne

In the land of H4x0r where shadows lie.

One Patch to rule the all, one Patch to find them,

one Patch to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

In the land of Malden where shadows lie.

first... Happy bithday and Merry Christmas to you Canis...........

Second.... Life starts at 30s... so be happy to smile.gif (I'm 26)

Is good to be alive and is even sweeter that we can get the 1.40 patch tomorrow

la la la la

smile.gif

smile.gifsmile.gifwink.gif

''must be some higher power pitying me as the age of 30 draws awfully close (27)''

although that big 30 sign looms ever closer and is a mere 14 years away for me, it can't be that bad, thats when you'll reach your sexual peak, so don't expect to be doing the gardening and popping down the post office on weekends just yet, because if your like me when i turn thirty, you'll be shagging like a large thing that shags an awful lot (it helps to be a millionaire, which i intend to be by then anyway wink.gif )

Re: CanisDEK, a fellow Tolkien fan, but not as old as me!

The road goes ever on and on......

But that's because I have SetviewDistance at 5000!

or...

One PING to ruin them all,

One lag to lose them......

Happy Birthday, my preciousssssssssssssssss!

Thanks people.... and Bloodshot the film really captures the magic of tolkien in a way I never thought possible... so if you haven't already... go see the film smile.gif I'm a dedicated fan too... the collectors edition I have came with some very nice recordings of Tolkien reading excerpts and singing songs from the books. I have to read the books another time now... and again next year and the year after that smile.gif

And about my sexual peak... I reached that ages ago and found a nice slightly inclining plateau up there and have just kept going since... until the day comes and I am cast down into the abyss of impotence.... hopefully that's far into the future smile.gif

(Edited by CanisDEK at 4:44 am on Dec. 20, 2001)

I'm going to see the rings soon but what i find hard to belive is they made it here in NZ and had the first preimer in Britian.

CanisDEK, I also saw the movie yesterday (19th Dec. release day) and also thought it was fantastic, and the best movie ever made! But am I just being biased because I'm a Tolkien geek???

HellToupee, I think they premiered it first here in the UK as a mark of respect to Tolkien himself!

Still, hold your head up high, you have a beautiful country to be proud of and (I assume) Hobbit holes on your doorstep!

Does anyone know if the Hobbiton village they made for the film in New Zealand is still standing for tourist purposes? (Like a type of Disney World!)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Bloodshot on 12:39 pm on Dec. 20, 2001

CanisDEK, I also saw the movie yesterday (19th Dec. release day) and also thought it was fantastic, and the best movie ever made! But am I just being biased because I'm a Tolkien geek???<span id='postcolor'>

No I would almost say it's quite the oposite. Normally turning a good book into a film is very hard... at least if you don't want to disappoint those who read the book. Lord of the Rings might be a fantastic story which makes that part easier. When people read books they create their own images of the persons, locations etc. and Lord of the Rings is the most difficult film to make if it has to have the same magic as the books. I think it was 100% succes. It the film were only 99% succesful in telling the tale, portraying the characters etc. there would be some minor detail that would bug a fan like me and that feeling could overshadow an otherwise good film. I think Tolkien fans are the toughest audience for this trillogy, but if the next two films are as good as this one I think they have indeed created the masterpiece worthy of Tolkiens name.

Happy birthday smile.gif Don't worry i turn 30 next year.

''And about my sexual peak... I reached that ages ago and found a nice slightly inclining plateau up there and have just kept going since... until the day comes and I am cast down into the abyss of impotence.... hopefully that's far into the future ''

good on ya my son!! :biggrin:

don't worry, if you put in the effort by 30 you'll still be a fully functional fondling machine wink.gif