Sign in to follow this  
maatz

Bis_weaponspack

hi

i have a very big problem. i want to play ofp online, but always when i connect to a server, there is the message addon missing BIS_WeaponsPack

I have RES (1.91) and i only have the BAS Addons installed, nothing more, in the RES addon folder.

in the cwc addonfolder there is only the editorupgrade.

do i have to upgrade my cwc to version 1.20, that i can install the weaponpack?

I don't know what to do!

Plz

Help!!!

Thx

Maatz

bis_weaponpack is designation for bunch of addons from 1.85 upgrade, such as Resistance sniper and bicycle. you should have those if you upgraded to 1.91

I thought bis weapon pack was the one that came with red hammer CD in version 1.30, you know with G36, steyr, MM-1 and some others rock.gif , i believe it is available to dowload from bis site, im guessing you dont have Gold Upgrade CD right?

i have installed the cwc now again, up to version 1.46 with the weapon pack, then the redhammer, and RES again.

1.85, then 1.90, then 1.91

but the problem is still there!

It always says, missing addon BIS_weaponspack

And i have no addons installed now!!!

i have installed the cwc now again, up to version 1.46 with the weapon pack, then the redhammer, and RES again.

1.85, then 1.90, then 1.91

but the problem is still there!

It always says, missing addon BIS_weaponspack

And i have no addons installed now!!!

Is this an MP or SP mission? I could happen if the mission's MISSION.SQM file doesn't specify BIS_weaponspack when it references it but then anyone online trying to play this mission would get the same error.

Also, do NOT install any old OFP CWC upgrades if you've already installed the Resistance or GOTY edition.

It could be helpfull to know what OPF do you have, gold upgrade? Goty? perhaps normal OPF+resistance rock.gif , did you delete your game folders before reinstaling? also there is no need to install all those patches, for resistance you only need 1.91 if you dont want to use 1.92 beta smile_o.gif .

I get an error message when I use a unit that has the Remington sniper rifle(or whne I get 1 from ammo crate), the gun doesn't show up(and the sites are pointing 90<span style='font-size:6pt;line-height:100%'>o</span> to the side.  So, its definately from 1.85(not trying to hijack your thread, i know my probably would be solved by reinstall, but I'm a lazy ass).

I believe these are the weapons from the 1.85 patch, and they reside in a file called o_wp.pbo

Might want to check that this files isn't missing from your res/addons directory...

Thx for the help guys, but i haven't fixed the problem yet.

IO hav deleted my whole harddrive, and only installed ofp cwc (no patches) + Ofp Res. After that i have updated Res from 1.75 to 1.85, then to 1.90 and now it is on version 1.91.

But there is still this Problem, especially when i want to play MF CTI!!! Now, i can also join other servers, but not these, who paly MF CTI.

@Major Fubar

I don't have that o_wp.pbo in my Addon folder! Do I need it?

Thx for the help guys.

Sorry for my bad english

Thx a lot

Maatz

@Major Fubar

I don't have that o_wp.pbo in my Addon folder! Do I need it?

Isn't that the Sopwith Camel file, which should be optional?

It's available from BIS' Addons At Ease page.

BTW, you could have directly upgraded from OFP 1.75 to 1.91.

O_WP.pbo has the Remington, Glock, saw, ingram, berreta and so on. That seems weird that u would not have that after upgrading. I would say u definitlely need it.

can't someone send me this addonpack? i have reistalled everything again, but it still doesn't work! sad_o.gif

Thx

Maatz

Ok, i have fixed the problem!

O_WP.pbo was missing, but it didn't install, so now i got it from some1!!!

thx for your help!

Special thanks go to:

theavonlady

zinco

Major Fubar

edc

Heatseeker

RalphWiggum

Maatz