Sign in to follow this  
TopCover

A very silly idea! (Handcuffs)

Now, with the growing number of the law enforcement vehicles the police missions will follow (i hope wink_o.gif ).

Since cops are not soldiers and civvies not their enemies (right?) they tend to shoot a lot less. Would a HANDCUFF- addon with some sort of an arrest-script not be the right tool for the job?

I am not sure if this is possible but having the handcuff as a secondary weapon would give the player a "yell for compliance" feature wich in turn would cause the bad to guy drop his weapon, or not of course, to keep it exciting) If he does so, he'll comes under your command and be cuffed accordingly. This ofcourse accompanied by an actual cuff animation and a firm "Dude, you are sooo busted" soundbite biggrin_o.gif

Could be a nice addon to the game, i would think, and works just as well in Delta "less then friendly extractions"-type missions.

There seems to be alot of established police addons nowadays. But, what about some Soviet era other emergency vehicles that the Nogovan government could have used.

Likeambulans.jpg

and

1740.jpg

and

http://russiancarandtruckmodels.hypermart.net/truckpics/GAZ66FIRE

Just to even out the emergency vehicles and add a bit of spice to the civillian side of things.

It's not about Emergency vehicles but an request on an Handcuff addon...

Well i think some mod will make it and i lkie the idea and i hope it will see the day light smile_o.gif

Yeah a great idea! The "YELL" sounds action too!

But how to model the handcuff?

they use their hand when they walk..so how to stop that?

Or maybe a chain like handcuff hmmm...

Would be cool for MP as well.

We need better Jails then biggrin_o.gif that would be also a nice idea.

ALSO there should be a Nogovan Entry Team for the Police.

A special Force. much like the Mailmans Alfa´s

But with Flashbangs and stuff like that.

There is a some kind of script that they put hands on there head but no handcuff script

There is a some kind of script that they put hands on there head but no handcuff script

well that would be also ok.

Maybe make it so that the Arrested person (not ai) Cant pull or pick up a weapon when he is arrested like that.

so he could run but without any use.

A handcuff addon would be very interesting.But there so many questions as to how it should work.I dont think the AI will drop there weapons an come quietly.

Someone could maybe make a new anim for a handcuffed person.  I'd also like to see a police station with a couple of jail cells.

And a fire brigade with some trucks would be great. Then I could put out the fire on the BAS Blackhawks from a safe distance after a crash smile_o.gif

I wouldnt know the ins and out on how to make this work. In fact i havent a slightest idea on how to build an addon at all.

What i Do know is that in OFP AI can drop his weapon and join the players group. Maybe this whole idea could be done in a way that carrying the handcuffs would activate a script that would detect the distance between the player and an enemy (man class only).

If the distance is less then xx meters and allowfleeing of the enemy set at xx % then yell would be activated, baddie drops his weapon and joins the players group. Note that this doesnt not need an actual cuffing animation at all but would give effective control of the bad guy.

Does this still make sense?

Now for the animation i rrrrrreally wouldnt know what, but Again, an in-game comparsion could be a a wounded man calling for a medic. If so boths unit do look eachother up followed by a specific animation right?

Just thinking...... wink_o.gif

When its getting tough even cops Dial 911 and then they come ghostface.gif

SWAT  

Thats what we need a Nogovan SWAT team with adional SWAT truck and by the way about the Police HQ Jails Cell but also a parking lot for al the wonderfull car and a roof exit for the chopper

Is there a Nogova Police mod yet? It would be a great project. They could add SWAT, detectives, more police units, Jails, all that good stuff. smile_o.gif

And a fire brigade with some trucks would be great. Then I could put out the fire on the BAS Blackhawks from a safe distance after a crash smile_o.gif

You request - You have  smile_o.gif  

Firetruck and more

Picture > 100 k       http://www.esatclear.ie/~bweire/firetruck.jpg

Site & link : http://www.esatclear.ie/~bweire/index3.html

The Tuck is cool blues.gif

Now it only needs a BAS compatible water cannon.