Sign in to follow this  
ruff

Aircraft air support built in script

since theres already scripting around for this i was wondering if any existing addon planes maker would implent this on their current plane addons e.g rad f18 = cluster bombs(needs fixing)

i reckon its possible, a built in script like bas close air support and fastrope in the bhs

if a unit is carrying say n e radio the player is able to call this plane at a map click and release its bombs

we really need this to save us copy and pasting scripts all the time also since there are so much spec ops addons which heavily rely on air strikes as air support

also a plane that doesnt take a nose dive to unloads its bombs

if you'd describe a bit more clearly what you want us to do

and please give some explanations of how you think to implement and activate such commands, so i will think about implementing this into my upcoming Eurofighter addon

I was thinking of doing this.Something like this. If your the leader of a squad,you should be able to map click where you would like each bomb carrying wingman to drop their bombload.Especially for napalm type bombload.Hows that sound?

Would be useful mainly because often the AI will drop their load on something you didn't need taken out first

I was thinking of doing this.Something like this. If your the leader of a squad,you should be able to map click where you would like each bomb carrying wingman to drop their bombload.Especially for napalm type bombload.Hows that sound?

Would be useful mainly because often the AI will drop their load on something you didn't need taken out first

yes thats it but no scripts needed to stick and paste, all the scripts are built in like the bas bh where u only have to type the script on a trigger or a waypoint

i wrote that pretty late in oz time, so for sure it didnt make sense

and also wen the plane drops of its bombs make it so that it doesnt swoop down and end up crashing

all of the planes that have been created havent fixed this yet

and also wen the plane drops of its bombs make it so that it doesnt swoop down and end up crashing

That is a problem with the way the AI attacks targets in aircraft. The AI will attack with bombs the exact same way it does with its cannon. Nose down straight at the target. Its the game engine, not something that can be easily fixed with a cpp setting or two.

That is a problem with the way the AI attacks targets in aircraft. The AI will attack with bombs the exact same way it does with its cannon. Nose down straight at the target. Its the game engine, not something that can be easily fixed with a cpp setting or two.

i didnt say it was going to be easy to fix the swooping down that was just extra

my main point was

a built in script would be good for ur great f18 addon to release its cluster bombs in a point of a map click wink_o.gif by using a trigger or a waypoint like the script bas released with the bhs

fats rope by map click

and close air support by radio or way point

i reckon it could be implemented by bombs released by map click

i didnt mean to offend u with ur great addon

those are my favorite planes, especially the cluster bombs

i just wished, like the many great scripting addons released u could implement this on ur aircraft addon

its fine if u dont its still a good addon

No more work on the F18 for us  wink_o.gif  Were done with it, allready spent enough time on that addon. PicVert with the swiss mod is doing some work on it though, maybe you should PM him with a link to this thread? As for pennywise and myself, we are working  on other things right now.

No more work on the F18 for us  wink_o.gif  Were done with it, allready spent enough time on that addon. PicVert with the swiss mod is doing some work on it though, maybe you should PM him with a link to this thread? As for pennywise and myself, we are working  on other things right now.

Hallelulaj, Hudson I love ya buddy, Su-27IB, are you just making this or the whole flanker family?

its all good

nice lookin plane

is it russian??

if it is y dont u implement it on that

it is a plane n e way

i said n e plane

doesnt matter if its east or west

just liked ur addon alot smile_o.gif

I'll see if I'm able to do it, if you're interested  smile_o.gif

i am interested

but i dont know n e thing on addon making

i just know how to mess around with completed addon cpps and only adding weapons and thats it

i dont even know how to add armour values on a completed addon sad_o.gif

I had made some research on the bombing issue in the past, and have a couple of bombimg script, but there are some problems.

-First problem ; the F**** A.I., the AI dont know how to bomb properly, if you let the AI do the Job, it will mess all.

-Second problem ; the unit creation system in OFP, you can only create a unit in a existing group.

What did i do? I create a script wich summons a plane at given heigth and distance referenced to the target itself, the plane has the AI dissconected (disableAI command), when the script discover that the plane is at a given distance of the target, orders the plane to fire, yhe whole thing is calculated that the bomb hits the point where the player want.

If you look at OFEC editors depot, under Planes and helis subsection, the script is called "Simplified airstrike script" by Viriato.

I had made some research on the bombing issue in the past, and have a couple of bombimg script, but there are some problems.

-First problem ; the F**** A.I., the AI dont know how to bomb properly, if you let the AI do the Job, it will mess all.

-Second problem ; the unit creation system in OFP, you can only create a unit in a existing group.

What did i do?  I create a script wich summons a plane at given heigth and distance referenced to the target itself, the plane has the AI dissconected (disableAI command), when the script discover that the plane is at a given distance of the target, orders the plane to fire, yhe whole thing is calculated that the bomb hits the point where the player want.

If you look at OFEC editors depot, under Planes and helis subsection, the script is called "Simplified airstrike script" by Viriato.

thanks

but i said earlier i know there are scripts but no aircraft that have it built in scripts

i just wish an addon maker already makes aplane with that script built in

like the bas bhs

if you dont have the suitable script, no addon maker is going to implement it, because the problem is the script itself, not the implementation, wich is not hard to do.

There is another workaround involving an invisible target.

You had to create an addon targeteable by the AI but not detectable unless done by script.

When you tell the flying plane to launch a bomb at a given location, the script creates a invisible target at that location, and tells the plane that the target is there (plane reveal target), once the bomb is fired and hit the ground, the target is deleted.

This coul create a script quite usable.

Let me know your opinion

BTW: May be the Eurofigter (one of my favourite planes) is not the most suitable plane for this kind of script, because is not intended to provide cas, a reworked A10 (with stronger armor values and countermeasures ) for the yanks and a Jaguar for the euros or similar will be better.

if you dont have the suitable script, no addon maker is going to implement it, because the problem is the script itself, not the implementation, wich is not hard to do.

There is another workaround involving an invisible target.

You had to create an addon targeteable by the AI but not detectable unless done by script.

When you tell the flying plane to launch a bomb at a given location, the script creates a invisible target at that location, and tells the plane that the target is there (plane reveal target), once the bomb is fired and hit the ground, the target is deleted.

This coul create a script quite usable.

Let me know your opinion

BTW: May be the Eurofigter (one of my favourite planes) is not the most suitable plane for this kind of script, because is not intended to provide cas, a reworked A10 (with stronger armor values and countermeasures ) for the yanks and a Jaguar for the euros or similar will be better.

cool

but i dont know anything about addon making or script making

im just requesting an addon

thanks for ur interest

i was just hoping an addon maker and a scripter (urself) could c this thread and team up and make the addon

tounge_o.gif  smile_o.gif

yeah I know, but maybe I implement it, though

I thought this could work like this:

map maker creates a trigger which calls a script

(you could set fuel, health, skill etc. as parameters?)

at the position of the trigger the plane is created facing to the target, which the player selected by clicking on the map

so the mission maker can influence the success of the bombing run, also he can influence the duration between calling plane and bombing run through positioning the trigger far away

what d'ya think of it?

does that mean we dont have to stick and paste a script in folders?rock.gif

also will the plane release its bombs on the map where it was clicked?? not juston enemies but actually on the map click

like the script where a a10 actually just drops its load

really looking forward to this addon smile_o.gif

does that mean we dont have to stick and paste a script in folders?rock.gif

yeah that I've planned, you call a script within the aircraft addon

also will the plane release its bombs on the map where it was clicked?? not juston enemies but actually on the map click

like the script where a a10 actually just drops its load

I cannot promise that I'll get it but I'll give it a try

cool thanks dude

lookin forward to it