Sign in to follow this  
Chan

Sound Modifications

I have heard that there are alot of sound modifications for Operation Flashpoint, people on this forum reported that it makes the game alot deeper and intense.

Which ones are the best sound mods and where could I find them to download?

Thank you in advance

Could someone post a link to download please?

i really want lots of sound mods - more than I want stupid texture changes...I mean FFS, the addons I first got were to f-uckoff that shilka sound, and the helo 30mm cannons.

But anyway, I want a full mod for every gun, than makes the sounds more poppy (ie, BMP2 cannon sound)

And I wanna ditch that sh-itty explosion sound, I mean think about it - people have arty addon/script but when the arty hits you dont here _THE BEST_ explosion in the game, that is, the 57mm Rocket bang, no you hear this f-ucking glass shattering and peices of tin, not a bloody shell hitting the ground.

Also...umm, I wanna make all the explosions either the Mortar ogg, or the 57mm ogg. The others are homosexual.

Also, this game needs to be Americanized, no not in the way you might think - it needs to go to American developers in order to come out like most peopel expect it to.

hard to say, but basically it needs to be produced in the same fashion say, EA does a game, or whatever, Bohemia should sell the PC game to a yank company and they will make it dehd sexeh, then Bo' can work on the hardcore USMC thing until that can be moved to an American platform also.

have any of yall played the medal of honar allied assault demo?

the sound is by far the best part of it. and its made by EA.

i want a sound clip from the gameplay of it.

Im not downloading that 130 meg peice of Sh-it thow, its a crap game, and the demo has videos of other games...what idiots.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from timmy on 7:47 am on Dec. 21, 2001

<span id='postcolor'>

I have the full game, I might buy it later when it's out.

Thank god for Kazaa.

great, make a clip and upload it somewhere smile.gif

and also. OFP weapon sounds are only 1.54 mb, so small, I mean dunno, not to much to change these (will fix ass-sucking explosion sounds too, cept the good 57mm and Mortar - that 57mm is perfect, sounds like the real thing, check the FMJ movie for a good example, when the tanks are hit)

Jim's sound pack is very good. I tried that other guys sound pack and it didn't work on my system. All kinds of renaming files and backing up stuff. No good for me. I just want to install it and play. Have all the bugs worked out with the install shield first.

I would really like to see someone pull the weapon sounds from Ghost Recon and put them into Operation Flashpoint. Ghost Recon really sucks so if someone could at least put the sounds into a decent game, then Ghost recon served it's purpose. (just a database to pull good sound files out of. :>).

I actually really liked the sounds from CS.

Been a really long time since I played it though. But I loved the really metalic sounds to the guns.

ChaChink.

Thanks but the Jim soundpack dosen't come with a readme, how do you install it?

I have OFP1.4

I had v1.2, and it had a readme, looks like they forgot to add it. The install is the same as 1.2:

Installation:

Extract: Config.ccp to DIR: OperationFlashpoint\BIN

Create: a Folder in OperationFlashpoint\BIN

Name it to "Sounds" and extract all wav files in to that folder

does it work in multiplay as well as single play without any problems?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from KillorLive on 8:12 am on Dec. 21, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from timmy on 7:47 am on Dec. 21, 2001

<span id='postcolor'>

I have the full game, I might buy it later when it's out.

Thank god for Kazaa.

<span id='postcolor'>

i have kazza to and i cant find it, i can only find the demo.What did you type in for search?

I hate Jims Sound mod,

It doesent cover as many sounds as this one,

http://www.wireplay.com.au/files/download.asp?id=1190

Satchels sound mod is (in my opinion) the most realistic and most complete sound mod around.

*edit*

I tried the MOH MP demo and thaught what a stinking pile of s**t, Then i watched the Full version preview movie and was put off even more.....

100 health.... health kits.... they turned a WW2 game into somthing like Quake, GET f**kED MOH

And btw, EA SUCK

(Edited by Unl33t at 4:27 am on Dec. 22, 2001)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Unl33t on 6:25 pm on Dec. 21, 2001

I hate Jims Sound mod,

<span id='postcolor'>

Ok I just installed this one and now there is no sound at all (Except for radio) .   Do I need to rename the "Coinfig.cpp" to config.bin?

Nevermind that didn't work..LOL. Does it not work with 1.40?

(Edited by SuperBeast at 6:51 pm on Dec. 21, 2001)

Yep Satchels sound pack is absolutely awesome!

And also, i know the reason why it isn't working on your system.

Go into the Addons directory and you should see a file called CCInAudioSFX.pbo

This file is actually supposed to be called CCIÅ‚AudioSFX.pbo

Some systems dont support the Å‚ when it's first renamed.

So what you have to do is open up the readme file that came with the addon and copy the little 3 from the top of the readme, then rename the CCInAudioSFX.pbo file to CCIÅ‚AudioSFX.pbo (by pasting the little 3).

Now give it a shot and it should work

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from amos m on 2:31 pm on Dec. 21, 2001

I actually really liked the sounds from CS.

Been a really long time since I played it though. But I loved the really metalic sounds to the guns.

ChaChink.

<span id='postcolor'>

When I was big in the Aussie CS scene last year I had edited the default CS sounds to my tastes (ie Real life as it is to my friggin ears) I still have that pack, but I think the Ghost Recon idea is good smile.gif Someone rip the sounds from it, then edit them with some real (ie Noise/Pop) gun shots, and then PBO' em for easy addition to OFP!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

And btw, EA SUCK

<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah EA is just a bunch of Boiling Pus in the shape of a game company.

But my post meant to convey the message that, more cool games - thats stuff people like because they hit all the correct nerves - come outta the United Snakes. At least more than Czech games (huh! eheh).

So I would think if they could maybe hire US based audio teams, and such, then they could leave the hardcore programming the the mighty Czechs! So its - sound and stuff in USA, code and stuff in Prague.

Could someone please post a link to Satchel's sound pack and tell me how to install it?

Again, Thank you very much in advance.

You don't get much more realistic than the jimsoundmod. They are actual recordings of the realworld weapons and vehicles.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Unl33t on 1:25 pm on Dec. 21, 2001

I hate Jims Sound mod,

Satchels sound mod is (in my opinion) the most realistic and most complete sound mod around.

<span id='postcolor'>

does anyone know another link for satchels sound mod because his site is down.