Sign in to follow this  
Vladmir

Ports for nat on router

Could anyone tell me the Ports which are required to open and whether the trigger type is TCP or UDP?

I just got a router, with a firewall, and I need to open ports for OFP to host a game... I disabled the firewall for my OFP computer. But It didn't unblock the ports.

The router is by belkin.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ports are UDP and are the Serverport you set in the config (default: 2302) and serverport+1 (default: 2303). You can look that up in the ds-admin.rtf in the server folder of your resistance cd wink_o.gif

Also, serverport+1 only needs to be open if you want your server to appear in the public server list. If you want to host for your friends only and they connect using your computer's IP address, the port does not need to be open.

I have a linksys router that me and my roommate use to share out internet connection. I went in and opened up ports 2300 through 2400. Yet, my friends still don't see my server when I try to host a game. We tried both ports 2302 and 2303, still nothing. It is set on UDP btw. Any ideas? Also, how do I make sure I am giving them the right IP and not the IP of the router itself? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Monty

You need NAT to play on the internet, or for any connection to the internet actually. To HOST behind a router you need port forwarding (might be called differently for your router). Look into the manual of your router to find out how to do this, especially if you use dhcp with your router (changing lease so it will assign the same ip to each computer always etc).

Thanks bro. I spent about 45 minutes trying to config the router so I could host before I made this post. About 5 minutes after I made the post, it worked. Persistance I guess.

Thanks,

Monty