Sign in to follow this  
Montanaro

Which would you most like to see improved/added

I voted for more AI, simply because the flashpoint AI is so wooden.

It has very little fluidity of movement, simply rotating when they want to turn, this looks bloody stupid at times. They are also too tied to their squadbased tactics, sticking in precise formation even under heavy fire. Also AI has no idea of cover, it is up to mission makers to put AI into positions of cover, they will never find it themselves.

To make OFP a more immersive experiance better AI is the main thing.

However we also need better implication of aircraft. All helicopters cannot see men well enough, and planes hardly see them at all.

I voted for more than one gunner posistion but also i would liek to see more accruate weapon details and more weapons, like with the m-16 and ak-47 in the game they have them pretty much the same while in real life the ak is very powerfull and reliable but very very inaccurate. while the m-16 is very very accurate not very reliable and not powerful.

ghostface.gif I VOTED FOR IMPROVED AI BECASE THE AI IS SO STUPID ITS SAD rock.gif

The AI is pretty smart seen in a big picture. It's the small things that could be improved like taking cover etc.

I would love to see the mission editor made a little more "user friendly" as at present you have to trawl through pages off commands.

Well, the only think I didn't like about OFP was the military research was a bit inaccurate. It would be nice to see:

Historically accurate rifle (weapon) squad organisation and equipment. The M16A1, automatic or single fire only with a 20 round magazine. The AK47 without burst facilty it shouldn't really have it.

With the first edition of OFP I remember distinctively been targeted by RPG fire while playing as infantry. Though in later versions I only seem to attract RPG fire if I was in a vehicle.(One thing I like about OFP is the enemy has a vast array of weapons to kill you instead of the usual AK47 or SVD in other games.)

The RPG-7 in the Vietnam conflict was mainly used as a antipersonal weapon not AT, so it would be nice to see this portrayed accurately. I seem to have the same trouble with flares (not the trousers) now. Since there is no NV in OFP2 hopefully, please allow the AI to use their 60's trousers effectively.

I'm not a military historian, I just read alot.

smile_o.gif

The RPG-7 in the Vietnam conflict was mainly used as a antipersonal weapon not AT, so it would be nice to see this portrayed accurately. I seem to have the same trouble with flares (not the trousers) now. Since there is no NV in OFP2 hopefully, please allow the AI to use their 60's trousers effectively.

I'm not a military historian, I just read alot.

smile_o.gif

Check the official site and you'll see that OFP2 wont be about the vietnam war. It will be a modern war game.

www.flashpoint2.com