Sign in to follow this  
i_need_help

How do u make a trigger follow a unit

Setpos the trigger (must be named) over the uaz.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#loop

triggername setpos (getpos uazname)

~0.1

goto "loop"

RED

[uaz,trigger] exec "trigfollow.sqs"

trigfollow.sqs would look like this:

_vehicle = _this select 0

_trig = _this select 1

#loop

_trig setpos getpos _vehicle

~.1

goto "loop"

But has anyone else noticed problems with moving triggers? A moved trigger doesn't seem to register the new stuff that it should for about .5-5 seconds, which can screw up scripts. Is there some way to force a trigger detection?

WHAT!? You can move triggers!rock.gif?rock.gif? I never knew this. Can you move waypoints too?? I need to get a group to dynamically Search & Destroy where I click on the map.

That five or so second delay is wierd, yes. I noticed the same thing when you addAction to an object and move it. The action doesn't show up again on the house until 8 or so seconds have passed.

Doolittle

where do u put the exec line uaz or trigger

You can add the line:

[uaz,trigger] exec "trigfollow.sqs"

to an init line of any unit, object or vehicle. You can also execute it in "init.sqs".

WHAT!?  You can move triggers!rock.gif?rock.gif?  I never knew this.  Can you move waypoints too??  I need to get a group to dynamically Search & Destroy where I click on the map.

That five or so second delay is wierd, yes.  I noticed the same thing when you addAction to an object and move it.  The action doesn't show up again on the house until 8 or so seconds have passed.

Doolittle

Use the setwppost command to move waypoints.

RED