Sign in to follow this  
Geniroh Yeet

missing files error

so i've been trying to play day Z epoch mod for wa while now and i keep getting  couple error messages that i don't know how to fix i've tried a lot of things

i have windows 11

the errors i get are :

before the game start on the intro screen

armA 2 OA

addon 'sauerland reqcuires addon 'chernarus

then on the splashscreen:
no entry bin/config.bin/CfgWorlds/dayZmod.ilsPosition.
and you cannot play/edit this mission it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus

@Geniroh Yeet I already answered you on Steam, but I'll do a copy/paste here

The error of not being able to play dayz is because you do not have ArmA2 standalone installed or maybe you deleted or the files were deleted in this case, the file "chernarus.pbo" which is the island of ArmA 2 standalone, you can solve it by reinstalling ArmA 2 Standalone or verifying the installation files.

Also depending on the version of Win11 you have, Battleye might not even work and the only solution is to go back to Win10 or an older version of Win11, since the latest version has many problems that have not yet been patched with some anticheats, such as Easy anticheat and Bettleye.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/33930/discussions/0/1700542968204137341/?ctp=6

Another thing to consider is that when Combined Ops (which is both A2 and OA) is being installed, it has to be done a specific way, or A2 content doesn't get read.

1.  Run Steam as Administrator.
2.  Install Arma 2.
3.  Launch Arma 2  (important!).
4.  Exit Arma 2.
5.  Install OA.
6.  Launch OA.

People tend to skip steps 3 and 4.  They install A2 and install OA, then launch OA without having run Arma 2, and then missing content issues occur.  If OA is launched without A2 launched first, there's no Arma2 content because it never got configured.  And launching A2 after the fact doesn't help, because OA already configured itself without the A2 configuration.

Don't know if that's the issue, just considering.

22 hours ago, dalber24 said:

@Geniroh Yeet I already answered you on Steam, but I'll do a copy/paste here

The error of not being able to play dayz is because you do not have ArmA2 standalone installed or maybe you deleted or the files were deleted in this case, the file "chernarus.pbo" which is the island of ArmA 2 standalone, you can solve it by reinstalling ArmA 2 Standalone or verifying the installation files.

Also depending on the version of Win11 you have, Battleye might not even work and the only solution is to go back to Win10 or an older version of Win11, since the latest version has many problems that have not yet been patched with some anticheats, such as Easy anticheat and Bettleye.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/33930/discussions/0/1700542968204137341/?ctp=6

se i tried all of that i even tried to run it in a virtual machine  so im a bid lost  i have all the game files i already havce like 500 hours on the mod and the game 

16 hours ago, opusfmspol said:

Another thing to consider is that when Combined Ops (which is both A2 and OA) is being installed, it has to be done a specific way, or A2 content doesn't get read.

1.  Run Steam as Administrator.
2.  Install Arma 2.
3.  Launch Arma 2  (important!).
4.  Exit Arma 2.
5.  Install OA.
6.  Launch OA.

People tend to skip steps 3 and 4.  They install A2 and install OA, then launch OA without having run Arma 2, and then missing content issues occur.  If OA is launched without A2 launched first, there's no Arma2 content because it never got configured.  And launching A2 after the fact doesn't help, because OA already configured itself without the A2 configuration.

Don't know if that's the issue, just considering.

i mean i know this trick for years now but i intall everything at once  and open  in the same order as you specified idk if that causes problems but i don't think so  its also only when i want to play th epoch mod  vanilla day z i can run fine