Sign in to follow this  
BBSmith

Triggers, need xtra help.

I would like to

1. Start the music 1 minute into the song.

2. Fade the sound in when it starts, so not all of a sudden the loud noise.

3. I would like to fade the music out 90 seconds after the music starts.

4. Is there a way to fade the music out b4 the song ends? If so how?

-------------

1a. I need a plane to decrease speed, how can I do that?

2a. Is there an easyer way to make a plane land on a runway without making many waypoints?

-------------

1c. How Can I slow time down in a Intro? (slow motion)

-------------

1d. How can I make units start firing at each other 12 seconds after the intro began?

-------------

1e. HOW EXACTLY can I start a unit walking to another soldier once another unit activates a trigger?

-------------

1f. How can I put a camera stationed at nothing, for instance the top of a building looking down.

2f. How can I "link" the same camera to move between 2 people talking.

-------------

1g. How can I make an enemy in an intro MISS the target (30mm gun)

-------------

I have had basic intro to mission editing, ive had this game since november 2001, and Still havnt made many missions. Please explain in a way you would to a complete n00b.

I have searched for some of this and most of it was bull, please hook me up.

TY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!1

blues.gif

None of these are in a specific order, but firstly, have you checked the pinned topic FAQ in ME & S?

Anyways,

2a. I think you could do this by doing (in a trigger or waypoint OnActiv) plane1 action ["LAND"]

which should put it in Landing Autopilot.

1e. Have a trigger, grouped to the unit you want to set off the sequence and Present in its conditons (not Condition field). put a group of men with a waypoint to anywhere. They will wait here. Synchronise their waypoint with the trigger, and give them a second waypoint. (this is where they will go after the person moves to th trigger.) the first person i mentioned (the one who will set off the trigger) should be given a waypoint which is inside the trigger. make yourself as one of the soldiers on the group, and voila! your leader will tell you to go to th first waypnt, and then after a few seconds he will order you to the second waypoint.

(PM me by the way if you have any problems)

1c. if using a camera script, in the script at the beginning type "setacctime xxx"

where xxx is a number. if you want slow motion, it should be lower than 1, and if you want fast-forward, make it bigger than 1. i would use 0.1, but it might be too slow for the thing you are trying to do, so experiment.

If using ME intros, put into any units init line "setacctime xxx".

1a. You might be able to use SetVelocity, bt i have not managed to get anything doen with it (i tried to use it in an init line so that a heli didnt strt stationary.)

UNTESTED

1d. Again, using camera scripts, put

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> target1 setcaptive true

target2 setcaptive true

~12

target1 setcaptive false

target2 setcaptive false.

this should do, but like i said, PM me if you dare not sure about it, and ill try and explain it better.

the_unknown_one

Oh, just worked out new answer.

This might be quite complicated though.

I cant rememeber the nuber, but for the camera on top of the building, use

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_cam camsettarget target

_cam camsetpos getpos marker

Or something like that. in targets init field, (target can just be a fire or something, but dont light it.) put

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, -1]

The [getpos this select 0] is saying the position of this's X coord., and the [getpos this select 1] is the postion of this's Y coord. [-1] is this's z coord, which puts it one metre underground.

markers init line should be

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ths setpos getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, 30]

where thirty is the number of metres you want to have it up inthe air. experiment with it, as im not sure how high the building might be.

Place marker (which can be a gamelogic) where the building is, and target (which, as i said, can be a fire) where you want it (the camera) to look. hope this helps.

Thank you! Now, I am having 1 more issue.

I wanted my mission to end when all units were dead, so far so good. The mission ends when the East is distroyed, but what i want is, in the intro i want it to Fade out black, then 10 seconds after the fade effect has been put into play, i want the intro to CUT and start the mission.

I have the End#1 and the mission ends, but does not fade out. I have the min max min all set to 10 hoping to see black for 10 seconds then the mission whould end, but it just ends without fading.

urm... im not really sure about this... but how about this:

Have the last trigger East, Not Present, Axis A 50000, axis B 50000 or whatever, and then in the Onactiv have

[] exec "endcam.sqs"

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

;endcam.sqs

a1=false

[insert camcreating and stuff here]

titlecut [" ","FADE OUT",3]

~10

titlecut [" ","FADE IN",3]

a1=true

exit

In another trigger,

Quote[/b] ]

End1

Condit: a1

this should work, but its untested. i think this does what you want. oh, and you are very welcome.

the_unknown_one

ty, once again!

Is there such a thing is a shorter version of learning camera scripting?

I mostly just open other peoples missions and then take bits and peices out, (Cameras, triggers, etc...) mind u i dont steal there missions lol...

Anyother answers to my questions will be appreaciated.

Also, Ive seen these things that open the campaign, how can i find the missions inside the Resistance Campaign? I can open the missions with (that mission opener from pbo) but how can u open the campaign file? to see all the missions?

Ty

I've not used DePBO but you could just probably try open a campaign PBO with it (im not sure what the diffrence is) and then look in the missions folder of the campaign folder.

the_unknown_one

How can I make the AI enemy Miss the Air Target with their AA's?

Quote[/b] ]How can I make the AI enemy Miss the Air Target with their AA's?

Any one know?

Air/Ground target

You could make the AI AT soldier target an object (maybe an invi H) which follows slightly behind the air target.

RED