Sign in to follow this  
Widow_Maker_UK

Bugs in 1.40

The first problem is troops can no longer get in the PBR, I have tried bringing the boat onto the shore and various distances, but to no avail. BIS or somebody else, is this a bug?..

The Cessna Flightmodel is very strange, especially in cut scenes, it bobs up and down really fast (whilst flying)and spoils the whole cinematics of cut scenes. Anyone else notice this?..

I dunno if this is a bug...but my troops keep on leaving me behind when venturing through forests, (also soldiers just generally loose me and say where are you when they are only 100m away). This is even with direct orders to get back into formation or move orders. (I reckon they should all be courtmarshalled!).

On the subject of troops, the medic hardly ever heals himself when wounded, or worse still gets stuck...I give him an order...he responds...supporting..?...who...supporting who...oh I see that dead soldier lying next to him!.

The formation flying of air units is alot better (LGB's are perfect now..thank you!) but they still manage to crash into each other, if this was a one off I wouldn't mind, but it happens quite often.

The sound still fades out when driving flying aircraft / vehicles...can this be fixed?.

I have high spec machine 1000mb Ram 1.4processor..but OFP still freezes from time to time....this is annoying...can it be fixed?.

My final note is on the model importer, can you let us know whether you intend on releasing an SDK, if so what it will allow...rules, restrictions etc. (IL2 allows people to design models - they must be approved by the developers to be included in the game - now that is support!.

Well that will do for now...I hope you had a nice xmas, will get wrecked on New Years Eve and come back full of good news for us fans! (PLEASE!)

Good Bye and thank you for such an amazing sim!

Another bug is that the Helicopters don't wait for everyone to board/disembark anymore.

Once the player is off the heli, it leaves.

And if the Medic is healing someone, then his patient dies, the Medic gets into an animation freeze.

For the freezes from time to time you have to check perhaps your harddisk (see to it that the udma is activated (in control panel - system - harddisks)).

I had the same problems, but once I had bought a new harddisk and reinstall windows, games, etc..., it have worked perfectly.

the cessna bobbing up and down in cutscenes and crap has been there since 1.3, maybe earlier, i just remember making a mission a while back with that cutscene and there was a problem

Yeah I know about the soldiers not getting in the PBR thing. In one of Anmac's missions, you have to load all your troops onto a PBR and they won't get on whatever I do.

Also, yeah there is still that sound fading problem with the vehicles and such but I remember hearing somewhere that it is a fault with SoundBlaster cards, not OFP.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Widow Maker UK @ Dec. 29 2001,05:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dunno if this is a bug...but my troops keep on leaving me behind when venturing through forests, (also soldiers just generally loose me and say where are you when they are only 100m away). This is even with direct orders to get back into formation or move orders. (I reckon they should all be courtmarshalled!).<p>On the subject of troops, the medic hardly ever heals himself when wounded, or worse still gets stuck...I give him an order...he responds...supporting..?...who...supporting who...oh I see that dead soldier lying next to him!<span id='postcolor'>

I have experienced a problem (singleplayer) when I was flying a AH64 and ordered my gunner (AI) to eject. He landed in a forest. I also ejected and ordered the gunner to return to formation. He answered 'roger' but a few seconds later 'negative'. He was standing near the edge of the forest and couldn't get to me while he could see me, the distance was around 50 meter!

I also experienced a problem with the medic when playing a mission from Red Hammer. I ordered the medic to return to formation but he reported 'Supporting'. A unit named Kilo ordered him to give support (blue text on the radio line). I suspect that Kilo is probably a leader of another squad (AI) which did not has a medic anymore at that time, the medic was ordered to 'go to x' by kilo.

I tryed to Install 1.40, It started giving errors at some missions, Have I to reinstall all again (game, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3....)?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Corporal Ice @ Jan. 10 2002,11:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I tryed to Install 1.40, It started giving errors at some missions, Have I to reinstall all again (game, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3....)?<span id='postcolor'>

What kind of errors? Can you be more specific?

You can reinstall in this order: 1.0 (game) --> 1.20 --> 1.30 --> 1.40.

noticed 1 in multipayer

when i get into a heli/plane it shows me as on top of it or below it so i cant use the in cokpet view sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">when i get into a heli/plane it shows me as on top of it or below it so i cant use the in cokpet view <span id='postcolor'>

Try get out and get in again, works for me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><p>My final note is on the model importer, can you let us know whether you intend on releasing an SDK, if so what it will allow...rules, restrictions etc. (IL2 allows people to design models - they must be approved by the developers to be included in the game - now that is support!.<span id='postcolor'>

This would be an excellent idea for purists but terrible for all those people that want UFO's etc in OFP :-)

Shit crash into each other?...they almost crash into me....the other day I was playing and had 2 flying around and I told them to cut their engines as they flew away from me and I was looking around trying to see em crash and all of a sudden I hear this smack and I turn around to see an A10 on fire sliding along the ground coming right at me.....of course since you can't dive in this game there was nothing I could do but let it hit me....didn't do anything but a little nudge....in real life the wing would have probably cut my legs off...... biggrin.gif