Hey all,

In my mission, I want a supply crate to drop from a Blackfish and then fire a flare so that players can see the drop.

To do this, I have a trigger that is activated when the pilot flies over. Here is the on activation code:

_success = objNull setVehicleCargo supplyDrop;
flrpos = supplyDrop modelToWorld [0,0,100];
flrObj = createVehicle ["F_20mm_Red", flrpos, [], 0,"NONE"];
flrObj setVelocity [0,0,-10];

The supply drop works just fine, but no matter how much I fiddle with the code, the flare never spawns. Please let me know if there is a way to fix the code or if there is another way of doing this.

Try ant take a look at this recent video from Gunter.
I think it will give you exactly what is missing. 😎

I would also change your createVehicle line into something like this:

flrObj = "F_20mm_Red" createvehicle ((flrpos) ModelToWorld [0,0,50]);

There also this topic from a few hours ago, where I put the code I use to spawn/create flares relative to the player's position when they use an action, so you can use the "createvehicle ((player) ModelToWorld" from there:

Finally, there are also Pierre-MGI's modules, which handle that subjects as well:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1682280809

============
Edit/Note
This is what I use to create a smoke on vehicles at the point where I disembark them from boats (by using "attachTo" in scripts)

_charge_9 = createVehicle ["SmokeShellYellow",[0,0,0]];
					_charge_9 setPosATL (_object modelToWorldVisual [0,0,0]);
					_charge_9 setVectorDirAndUp [(_object modelToWorld [0,0,0]) vectorFromTo (_object modelToWorld [0,0,0]),[0,0,2]];
					_charge_9 setDamage [1,TRUE];

Thank you so much! I got it working. The "attachTo" was also a nice touch so that I didn't have to match velocity. Thanks again!

• Like 1