Sign in to follow this  
Hit_Sqd_Maximus

Addon servers

Fraghaus

Addons needed: All BAS releases, hawk's c130, lsr russian infantry pack, Our weapon's mi2 pack, coc mines, editor update,

Download link for addons

KaRRiLLion's BootCamp

Addons needed: BAS Little Birds, DKM-Mod Tunguska, OV-10 Bronco, M109ADATS, F14, Dragonfly, M109 Paladin by quakergamer, KLR by SelectThis, Phaeden's Island, and Ackropolis Island by Hit_Sqd_Charlie, RAH-66 Comanche 1.11 by DKM, FA\18 Hornet 1.0 by Hudson and Pennywise, Mi26 and 2s19 152 mm Howitzer by Hawk, Mi2 Urn by Nashe Oruzhiye, Lahte Island and Saurago island and the RTS-3 Beta5d addon, F15 strike eagle, BAS soldiers, SEB nam pack 2

Karrillion's website with d/l links to all addons needed

Post any other servers w/ info that I missed  wink_o.gif

MTCO:DigitalGrenade

gs3.mtco.com

All required addons listed and packaged here:

http://www.digitalgrenade.com/boom.php?addon

(note-the server is currently being used as a testing ground for the Marine addon that we are working on...if it is not accessable...that is the reason)

OGN - Aussie Operation Flashpoint Resistance Server

IP: 210.15.254.106 PORT: 2302

Addons (and missions) can be downloaded via the update tool (which will automatically check what you already have installed, to save unneccessary downloading). You can get it here

I have a teaser for you guys and my goal is to have this running in a few days on a test server. Once stable enough the AA server and new OFP Watch will be free for download.

Concept text:

Quote[/b] ]

Due to the success of OFP Watch I started the development of an addon server I'm probably going to name Auto-Addon. The user base of OFP Watch is large enough for me to try this thing, otherwise it would not be possible.

This is how it works today. You connect to an alien OFP server, after a few seconds you get disconnected due to some missing addon. You try another server, same thing. Too lazy to find the required addons you play at your squad server all night. After a month you are sick of the dudes at the squad server and you revert to Battlefield or worse, (insert horror scream here) Counter Strike! That's bad!

In a not too far away future: You start up OFP Watch as usual and enter the IP of an alien server. OFP Watch informs you that addons are required to play here and that your current installation are missing a few of them. OFP Watch then shows you a list of the required addons, the missing ones are pre-checked for installation. All you have to do is to press the install button. A progress bar shows you how the download and installation is forthcoming. A minute later you are playing on the server.

The auto-addon server is being written and OFP Watch is being enhanced with an auto-addon manager for install, uninstall, activation and de-activation of separate addons or addon packages. I should mention that it will support installation/uninstallation of complete mods too. It will be possible to revert/restore and completely uninstall downloaded addons with a click of a mouse button.

Running the addon server on your game server is of course voluntarily. If a game server admin chooses not to, the users can still use OFP Watch towards his/her server like today but without the automatic addon features. The game server will also miss out being listed in the built-in OFP Watch built-in auto-addon compatible server list. That's bad!

To utilize these features the game server admin needs to run the addon server on the same IP as the game server. The addon server will be very light and will not cause any heavy traffic interrupting ongoing game play. File transfers will be diverted to an external ftp or http server of the admin's choice. The addons themselves need to be packaged in zip-files using some very simple specifications. Each addon is packed by its own or in logical groups (example: The Norwegian arctic ranger addon consists of 5 pbo-files, they should share one zip and will be referred to as an addon package). These zip-files are then placed on the ftp/http server and the URL's are given to the addon server. That's all!

In the same way, it's possible for a mission, mod or addon maker to run a stand alone auto-addon server for people to download and install packages from.

Since addons and missions will be grouped into logical packages (example: SEB Nampack 2). It will be possible to have two different versions of the same package installed at the same time but maybe not active at the same time. Some of the files in the older package might be overwritten by some newer files in the new package. The auto-addon client in OFP Watch will keep track of this and automatically activate the needed addons when you connect to an auto-addon compatible server or if you manually choose to activate the package from the auto-addon manager yourself before connecting or launching a single player mission.

I have no date for when this is going to be finished. Factors like real life paid work and nice wife figure in. I also feel I need at least one week of intensive testing with initiated people before I dare to unleash this file cruncher on your beloved game machines.

AAM.gif

WOW...excellent!  This will be a GREAT tool! We will deffinately use this on our server! Keep us posted...this will be a HUGE jump forward for OFP and the multiplayer community in general!

That would be a dream come true...if you are planning a Linux version too that is! tounge_o.gif

Good Luck with your work!

Yeah, that would really be cool. Especially if one has the option to install those addons into modfolders for each server (because of conflicting versions of addons on different servers and stuff)...

That would be a dream come true...if you are planning a Linux version too that is! tounge_o.gif

Good Luck with your work!

Thanks.

No initial Linux version but those who wants this badly will hopefully be able to map the required port on to a Windows machine.

The server itself is very light using mostly standard libraries and very few windows specific calls so a Linux version should be fast.

Mapping to a windows machine is not possible for me, my service provider only offers linux servers, and i guess most hosting "professional" linux servers will have the same problem sad_o.gif

Mapping to a windows machine is not possible for me, my service provider only offers linux servers, and i guess most hosting "professional" linux servers will have the same problem sad_o.gif

Will do my best to have a Linux server ready as soon as possible.

Quote[/b] ]Will do my best to have a Linux server ready as soon as possible.

Good to hear! If you need a server for testing let me know.

Im sure we will be putting this into use at first opportunity on our dedicated server. Does the auto addon system simply compare file names or does it use a more in depth method to determine if an addon is needed?

Im sure we will be putting this into use at first opportunity on our dedicated server.  Does the auto addon system simply compare file names or does it use a more in depth method to determine if an addon is needed?

It uses file name, size and CRC32 to determine if a file exist or not. This way it's possible to have 2 versions of the same addon installed at the same time without using mod folders, but only one can be active at a time.

I haven't uploaded it for public access yet but anyone who wants to can have the files for playing/testing. Just icq me at ICQ 543207 or email certa@binarybone.com

This program sounds awesome Certa! Post some info about it in addon/mods folder. I'm sure you would get lots of support on it.

I think the client is stabile enough. You can download and try it from here.

Auto-Addon Test Page

To try it you just need to download OFP Watch 0.95 and add one of the listed servers.

If you never used OFP Watch before you might want to look at OFP Watch home first.

Yoshiro: Thanks. I will post a link to this discussion from the addon section unless some moderator strongly opposes that smile_o.gif

Certa

I think the client is stabile enough. You can download and try it from here.

Auto-Addon Test Page

To try it you just need to download OFP Watch 0.95 and add one of the listed servers.

If you never used OFP Watch before you might want to look at OFP Watch home first.

Yoshiro: Thanks. I will post a link to this discussion from the addon section unless some moderator strongly opposes that smile_o.gif

Certa

This is an outstanding product. Better than I ever expected from anyone. smile_o.gif

EDIT: You need a tiny bit more text/label field room for the selected server address.

Hmm, I seem to get one of the infamouse XP error report messages, when I select one of the @@ servers. THis happen to anyone else?

Hmm, I seem to get one of the infamouse XP error report messages, when I select one of the @@ servers.  THis happen to anyone else?

This is a testverison and I'm here to fix bugs.

Known issue: if you don't have Resistance installed it 'will' crash. Hopefully fixed in the next update. It can also crash if you never let it scan the files fully the first time.

What steps or buttons do you perform/press when you get to this error?

Certa

It's probably that I didnt' let it finish the first time. I had done it w/ an earlier version, but when I d/led the latest one, I just press skip.

Hi Certa,

I really apprciate the work that you put into this tool as it might solve lots of problems for addon servers. Thousand time thank you!

A question that I would like to ask it whether your tool also work like the OFP addon manager? I mean, does it inactivate addons that are not required for a particular server? The benefits for this are obvious:

1. Free system memory

2. Likely, no incompatible addons are loaded simultaneously (as addon packs are tested by the server admins/owners)

Does this tool already consider this?

Thnx, Pimmelorus [ZEUS addon server]

Better yet would be modfolders for each visited server...

benu...on the surface the sperate mod folders for servers seems like a great idea, however, it also means that a user may download a single addon multiple times for multiple servers. It might be a nice client option though. As it stands, I think you could probably direct the addons in any particular server to be created in a particular custom folder by adding subfolders to the zip file.

Excellent work Certa! Thanks for the great addition to OFP!

Yeah, so? Harddrives are cheap and most ppl have flatrates. But you can have different versions of the same addon (some server do have different versions) without problems or renaming/moving addons. If you don't want to play on a certain server anymore (or that server doesn't exist anymore) you can delete the modfolder for that server instead of guessing which addons are not needed anymore.

I play only on coop servers and i do use modfolders, so i know what i am talking about. I know it is a matter of taste too, but i like to know what i have installed where and i don't like that renaming/moving stuff at all. And i ABSOLUTELY want nothing installed into my original folders.

A question that I would like to ask it whether your tool also work like the OFP addon manager? I mean, does it inactivate addons that are not required for a particular server? The benefits for this are obvious:

1. Free system memory

2. Likely, no incompatible addons are loaded simultaneously (as addon packs are tested by the server admins/owners)

Does this tool already consider this?

Yes and yes :-)

You can deactivate addon packages or separate files from the package & advanced view. That will rename the files(s) so OFP won't load them.

It will even recognize files deactivated by DKM Rastavovich's light but excellent Addon Manager (I hope he doesn't mind that).

When connecting to an @@ server, auto-addon will activate the needed addons if any of them were deactivated. In this way, you can deactivate all but <unknown files> and <core files> and just connect to the server. Addons requested by the server will be re-activated when you hit 'Play Now'.

I'm probably going to improve this so people with too many addons can have this feature more automatic.

The tool does not contain any compatibility list. It will not warn if you are running to incompatible addons etc. That would be too much work for me to keep track of.

Certa

Better yet would be modfolders for each visited server...

OFP Watch Auto-Addon will only install to a mod folder if the server admin specify a package to do so. In most cases I'd recommend admins to specify addons/ as the destination folder. However, if the server cater to a specific modification with sound packs and more the admin can set it up to install this way.

You as the client user can move the files to mod folders of your choice (I might add a quick button for this later), auto-addon will find them in the mod folders but I haven't activated the automatic -mod switch yet. You can set the -mod= under arguments with the edit button in OFP Watch main dialog.

Certa