Sign in to follow this  
FetishFool

Battlefields & Convoy aren\'t encrypted!?!?!

I was just about to decrypt all the official missions again, and I found that some of them aren't even encrypted!?!?

Missions like Bomberman use some strange letters. I have no idea what font it is. So I can't seem to decrypt it.

But CO2Battlefields and CO1Convoy aren't encrypted!

Did anyone know this? I've ALWAYS want to edit the missions so they're fun again.

I'm still looking for the fully decrypted Campaign w/sound! If anyone can help... Please do.

...... or you could try playing it the way you're SUPPOSED to, which is even more fun!

Ahem... I DID!

How much fun is playing the same mission over and over and over again? IT'S NOT!

I also said "AGAIN". You know, as in I've played them BEFORE! AGAIN! AGAIN! AGAIN!

lets use the correct terms, shall we? wink.gif its more like compression, not encryption.

I don't understand your readme file avon lady. U have written in your readme file that u must issue a command within the directory. How can i do that?. i can't create new directory. I can't just write something to the directory.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Maxim on 4:42 am on Jan. 1, 2002

I don't understand your readme file avon lady. U have written in your readme file that u must issue a command within the directory. How can i do that?. i can't create new directory. I can't just write something to the directory.  <span id='postcolor'>

Let's step into the Way-Back Machine, shall we? We are going to take a trip to a time before there were GUIs, when one had to issue 'commands' from a 'DOS prompt', and 'pipe' output into a file.

Here is how you do that: Go to the Start menu, and select Run. The command to execute is COMMAND for Windows 98/ME, and CMD for Windows 2000/XP. This will get you a prompt where you can issue commands.

Change the current directory to the one where the files to be decrypted are located by typing

CD "directoryname"

and press ENTER. Now you can decrypt the file; type:

DESQM > MISSION.TXT

and press ENTER. The MISSION.TXT file can now be edited using Notepad or any other text editor.

Let me know if you still have questions.

If it is there, sure. I've seen plenty of systems where it isn't on the menu, though. Since my approach will work in all cases, I think it might be a better way to go for someone who isn't familiar with the command prompt.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Let's step into the Way-Back Machine, shall we? We are going to take a trip to a time before there were GUIs, when one had to issue 'commands' from a 'DOS prompt', and 'pipe' output into a file...

<span id='postcolor'>

In those times there were already GUI OS`s like the first GUI OS by Apple Macintosh and then the Amiga OS for the CBM Amiga. smile.gif

Not to mention the superior sound and graphics and the use of an mouse. smile.gif

And in the case of the Amiga real multitasking! smile.gif

Thanks Frag. It worked. Only one more question. I copied mission.sqm and desqm to windows directory because CD "directoryname" didn't worked. Dunno why.

There were GUIs long before the Apple Macintosh, even from Apple (the Apple Lisa, later renamed/repackaged as the Macintosh XL). The first commercially available GUI was on Xerox's Star workstation.

The Apple Macintosh was released in 1984, but at Comdex in 1982, VisiCorp demonstrated VisiOn for the PC. It was a graphical environment with several applications, including a word processor and a spreadsheet. There was also Digital Research's GEM, and a number of other less successful GUIs.

Ah, the olden days...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Maxim on 9:21 am on Jan. 1, 2002

Thanks Frag. It worked. Only one more question. I copied mission.sqm and desqm to windows directory because CD "directoryname" didn't worked. Dunno why.

<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry, I should have said to put the actual directory name you use in between the quotes. The quotes are only needed if the full directory name uses spaces -- a probable command would thus look like this:

CD "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint"

Sorry about that oversight...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Mister Frag on 1:56 am on Jan. 1, 2002

Let's step into the Way-Back Machine, shall we?

<span id='postcolor'>

All set, Mr. Peabody!

peabody.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Mister Frag on 1:56 am on Jan. 1, 2002

Let's step into the Way-Back Machine

<span id='postcolor'>

That should be WABAC, close to UNIVAC, though I wish it was Weigh-Back.