Sign in to follow this  
DRa1N

Falklands mod recruitment

We at the Falklands Mod require a couple of extra helping hands to assist in the texturing and scripting sections of work. You will be working with the best, dedicated team. Our two main textures are currently extremely busy and we have a back log of models that require texturing.

We are unfortunately in a bit of a tight situation at the moment. A few people are quite busy with real life, university, school, work etc. However at the moment there are many complete models that require texturing. You are guaranteed to enjoy your work and as a bonus you get to see and play with some of the goodies that are not shown in public!

Please contact me, Nick – nicknewman@hotmail.com (I do use MSN) if you’re interested in any of the positions mentioned earlier.

Thank you

Nick

NJN – Falklands Modeller

I don't mess with any texturing, but I do know how to code decently in OFP scripting language.  I'm not an expert but I was able to create a Realistic Carrier Launch script which has recived VERY high praise by all who have used it and I'm fairly good at having a good eye for doing camera scripts.

Here is the link to the topic if you are skeptical about it:  

Realistic Carrier Launch Script with Demo mission

I probably won't be on the internet more than once a week until late August, but I have lots of time to work on scripting and such.  If you are interested in wanting me as a scripter or scripting assistant to your scripting team, It would help if you would provide some samples of things you need scripted.  That way I can see if what work I am doing is proving useful to your project.

Anyways, let me know.  Also, a reply to your answer of this topic won't be until next week.   Nothing I can do bout that.

Anyways, later.

Havoc.

How new to texturing are ya matey?

Gastovski

Head Administrator - Falklands MOD

i have started textureing 2 days ago.. so im a noob at it.. but am progressing ok

i am also familiar of the basics of O2

DN: Do you have any examples of your work Dark knight?

Havoc: Thanks for the offer, we may be getting back to you on the subject smile_o.gif

well i have been doing brrsebs tutorials and that were i did my texture.. a simple crate really like i said noob stuff.. and am attempting to texture other stuff.. but itll get there

mycrate.JPG

I cant script or texture, but i would still love to join the mod.... somehow.

If someone did join, what type of things would they be texturing to start off with? -you mention a backlog of models, what would these be?

The things i've textured arent so great either though, I was just wondering what things there are to do in the mod.

Crippler

For starters, check out our progress report here. This gives a fair idea of what needs doing, however it is a month old and there is quite a bit thats been done since then. There are quite a few units that need doing, some aircraft such as the Aermacchi and Alouette III some land based artillary and a few weapons.

Quote[/b] ]If someone did join, what type of things would they be texturing to start off with? -you mention a backlog of models, what would these be?

Personally I'd say finish the weapons. Then it's one complete set out of the way, then probably work on units. But essentialy you can do a wide variety at different times.

Havoc: Your intrest has been noted. Expect contact soon smile_o.gif

Jamesia: Instead of saying you'd like to join perhaps you could tell us what fields you might be intrested in. smile_o.gif

I keep badgering CBFASI about scripting your artillery. He knows where to reach me.