avibird 1

Need help with keeping modified faces and voices to carry over after respawn of editor placed units.

This is how I spawn in enemy units using JEBUS scripts. Works well for most of my needs in a very simple way to with editor groups. 

0 = [this,"DELAY=",300,"PAUSE=",100,"EXIT=",myExitTrigger1,"INIT=", "{dostop _x} forEach (units _ProxyThis);(group _ProxyThis) setVariable ['Vcm_Disable', true]"] spawn jebus_fnc_main; 

I am trying to keep editor modified face/head model and voice for the spawned units of this group. I would like to add this code to the above removing the red part and adding this blue part. 

addMissionEventHandler ["entityRespawned",{  params ["_new","_old"];  if (_new isKindOf "CAManBase") then {  [_new,face _old] remoteExec ["setFace"];  [_new,speaker _old] remoteExec ["setSpeaker"];  }  }];

I can't seem to get the right bracket arrangement to see if this works. Need  assistance with the arrangement to setup of this code.

This is for a borg unit modification I am working on. The borg units work and look great only with editor units if I try to respawn the units the face and voice REVERT to the original face/voice. 

The reason I am asking here it's because the JEBUS thread is not very active and the smartest people usually lurk around this thread.

Thank you for the assist. 

1 hour ago, avibird 1 said:

I would like to add this code to the above removing the red part

If you were able to highlight the code, then you can remove it.

1 hour ago, avibird 1 said:

addMissionEventHandler ["entityRespawned",{  params ["_new","_old"];  if (_new isKindOf "CAManBase") then {  [_new,face _old] remoteExec ["setFace"];  [_new,speaker _old] remoteExec ["setSpeaker"];  }  }];

This code should be executed once, therefore it should be placed, for instance, in initServer.sqf event script.

2 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

I can't seem to get the right bracket arrangement to see if this works.

Make the code readable, don't use strings with code (since code highlighting doesn't work in strings), as I demonstrated, and use programmer's editor with code highlighting.

Still need some help. This how I spawn in AI units using editor placed units.  This is JEBUS spawn system. 

This is a code that spawns in A group

0= [this,"DELAY=",300,"PAUSE=",50,"EXIT=", myExitTrigger1] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

This is a code that spawns in A group with code in its init

0= [this,"DELAY=",300,"PAUSE=",50,"EXIT=", myExitTrigger1,"INIT=",  "(group _ProxyThis) setVariable ['Vcm_Disable',true]"] spawn jebus_ fnc_main; 

This is a code that spawns in A group with  two other code lines merged                              

0 = [this,"DELAY=",300,"PAUSE=",100,"EXIT=", myExitTrigger1,"INIT=", "{dostop _x} forEach (units _ProxyThis);(group _ProxyThis) setVariable ['Vcm_Disable', true]"] spawn jebus_fnc_main; 

I am trying to add this to code to one of the above codes that works.

addMissionEventHandler ["entityRespawned",{ params ["_new","_old"]; if (_new isKindOf "CAManBase") then {  [_new,face _old] remoteExec ["setFace"];[_new,speaker _old] remoteExec ["setSpeaker"]; } }]; Can"t get the right setup getting errors with ] } ect to see if it will work. Can somebody just get the codes merged so i can see if it will work.  Avibird.