Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy James

Coloured tint for glass

Hey all,

I've been doing a lot of re texture different vechs road and air and now want to get on with some glass changes.

I have found myself stumped slightly as to know where to start.

Can anyone point me in the direction of how to be about to change the tint of vech glass.

Much respect in advance.

Can be done in one of two ways (or a combination of both).

Firstly you can simply edit the colouration of the *_ca.paa texture itself, much in the same way you would edit any other texture of the vehicle. Then when you re-save it make sure its a 32bit TGA (rather than 24bit) so it retains the transparency from the alpha channel. With regards to the alpha channel you can also adjust the amount of transparency of the window to make them more/less see-through to simulate window tint by adjusting the alpha channel. However, keep in mind that the resulting colouration may be impacted by what I'm about to say in second method below.

Secondly you can add colouration via the RVMAT. One of the first values in many rvmats is the following:

ambient[]={1,1,1,1};

These values denote R,G,B,A values (i.e. Red, Green, Blue and Alpha). Adjust these values to get the desired ambient light effect on your texture.

Thanks for helping, so I did this and I assume then that this is all that required, yet wondering how to direct this newly created file to the actual aircraft, the "this setObjectTextureGlobal" way doesn't as I stupidly tried it and if I replace the actual Glass_veh.rvmat file in data_f then I suppose it would then appear on all aircraft. I don't think I have my head around this quite yet.

#define _ARMA_

class StageTI
{
    texture = "a3\data_f\default_ti_ca.paa";
};
ambient[] = {102,178,255,1};
diffuse[] = {102,178,255,1};

forcedDiffuse[] = {0,0,0,0};
emmisive[] = {0,0,0,0};
specular[] = {1,1,1,1};
specularPower = 800;
PixelShaderID = "Super";
VertexShaderID = "Super";
renderFlags[] = {"NoZWrite"};
class Stage1 

4 hours ago, Jeremy James said:

Thanks for helping, so I did this and I assume then that this is all that required, yet wondering how to direct this newly created file to the actual aircraft, the "this setObjectTextureGlobal" way doesn't as I stupidly tried it and if I replace the actual Glass_veh.rvmat file in data_f then I suppose it would then appear on all aircraft. I don't think I have my head around this quite yet.

#define _ARMA_

class StageTI
{
    texture = "a3\data_f\default_ti_ca.paa";
};
ambient[] = {102,178,255,1};
diffuse[] = {102,178,255,1};

forcedDiffuse[] = {0,0,0,0};
emmisive[] = {0,0,0,0};
specular[] = {1,1,1,1};
specularPower = 800;
PixelShaderID = "Super";
VertexShaderID = "Super";
renderFlags[] = {"NoZWrite"};
class Stage1 

The values used should be between 0 and 1 for all 4 entries. Check out this link for a bit more info.

With regard to applying it to the model(s) I believe there is a setObjectMaterialGlobal command that you can use to apply the RVMAT in conjunction with setObjectTextureGlobal to apply the texture (if needed).