bigshot

Does this <stuck vehicle> mod even exist?

I was wondering if anyone knows of a client mod (not a script to run inside a mission) that would allow you to unstick any vehicle (by simply pointing at it, even if it's AI controlled and not in your group) after it gets caught on those low lying stone walls that you see on Altis every 100m?

I hoped that in 11 years BIS might have solved the issue or at least created an action menu option themselves since this happens constantly in missions where AI drive around alot.

On 2/16/2024 at 2:04 AM, bigshot said:

I was wondering if anyone knows of a client mod (not a script to run inside a mission) that would allow you to unstick any vehicle (by simply pointing at it, even if it's AI controlled and not in your group) after it gets caught on those low lying stone walls that you see on Altis every 100m?

I hoped that in 11 years BIS might have solved the issue or at least created an action menu option themselves since this happens constantly in missions where AI drive around alot.

its possible. i may look into making a small mod for this to suit my scenario. off top of my head (there are better ways to do it) id use an addaction (unflip) when looking at a vehciles, then what it should do is getPOS and then set POS in a random distance or set distance away(few meters) while finding safe ground. Set its position to whatever up is,and done.

out of curiosity what vic is getting stuck on those low walls? most vanilla vehicles manage them fine since the vehicle physics update

@redarmy In my particular mission (D.U.W.S. Modified) it's the Rhino's, I believe, which keep getting stuck because the AI is too dumb and try to drive over them instead of going around them. As they drive over the vehicle will sometimes get caught on it's under-frame.

Rhino MGS

1 hour ago, bigshot said:

@redarmy In my particular mission (D.U.W.S. Modified) it's the Rhino's, I believe, which keep getting stuck because the AI is too dumb and try to drive over them instead of going around them. As they drive over the vehicle will sometimes get caught on it's under-frame.

Rhino MGS

Gencoder8 brought a fix to my attention but iv not fully tested it

https://pastebin.com/KVDuAJZn

should do checks on stuck vehicles and resolve the issue

• Like 1