avibird 1

(Mostly resolved) Help with a simple addaction to make a enemy unit a hostage/prisoner.

I know how to use a simple add action to make a unit that already is a hostage free and to join your group. I know there's an ace version of this functionality but I do not want to use Ace. I know  there are ways to actually do this with triggers but I am looking for a simple addaction if you get close enough to a unit that you can make that unit a hostage like 1 meter

I'm working on alien factions. Some of my alien factions are very difficult to kill due to my modified revive system and the combination of clothes and armor  Basic rounds will only hurt them and they have heal themselves in in copious amounts of smoke. You can kill them but you need 3-4 clips. Heavy caliper weapons and rocket launchers will do the trick a little easier.  I would like to add a simple addaction that will make the unit a hostage if you can get close enough while they're healing. 

Thanks avibird 

Looking through the Arma3: Actions

This hopefully should do the simple trick I was looking for if anyone else is interested.

Surrender

DescriptionMakes unit to put weapon on shoulder and put hands behind the head temporarily. For the lasting effect all weapons from the unit should be removed first.

Syntaxunit action ["Surrender", targetUnit]

Where unit is any unit, and targetUnit is the unit to surrender.

Example

soldierOne action ["Surrender", soldierTwo];

This is what I have working

This addaction ["Get down"',{(_this select 0) set unitPos "down";}]; 

But when I add the surrender command like this the unit attempts to get down but can't and nothing else works.

This addaction ["Get down"', {(_this select Switch move "Surrender";}]; 

Help 😭

This addaction ["Get down"', {(_this select Switch move "Surrender";}]; 

Thoroughly broken syntax.

Extra single quote after "Get Down"

Missing 0) after select

Switch move should be switchMove

Corrupt character after move

switchMove takes an animation state, not an action

This addaction ["Get down", {(_this select 0) switchMove "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_AmovPercMstpSsurWnonDnon"}]; 

*edit* - found the transition animation name

Hey harzach 

I just get this one to work as well as well ☺️

This addaction ["hands up" , {(_this select 0 l) playmove "AmovpercMstpSsurWnonDnon"}]; 

Thanks for your response but I figured it out but now I need your help with this.

But I would like to limited to least one meter so basically you need to be on top of the unit to be able to get the add action currently it is by default like 5 m away.

I also attempted the other animations like sitting on your butt with your hands tied behind your back but those animations did not work.

• Like 1

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addAction

this addAction
[
	"title",	// title
	{
		params ["_target", "_caller", "_actionId", "_arguments"]; // script
	},
	nil,		// arguments
	1.5,		// priority
	true,		// showWindow
	true,		// hideOnUse
	"",		// shortcut
	"true",		// condition
	50,		// radius  <<===== CHANGE THIS
	false,		// unconscious
	"",		// selection
	""		// memoryPoint
];

So:

this addAction
[
	"Hands up!",
	{
		params ["_target", "_caller", "_actionId", "_arguments"];
		_target playmove "AmovpercMstpSsurWnonDnon"
	},
	nil,
	true,
	true,
	"",
	"true",
];

Notice that the last three parameters are missing from my code. 

When you need to change a param for a command that takes many params, you need to include all params up to the one you are changing. If the following params have default values, then you can omit them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am looking for all the code animation for prisoners and hostages.  I believe this one will make the prisoners sit on the floor in circle sit position with her hands behind their back.

"Acts_ExecutionVictim_Loop"

Here is a list of animations with codes. There are a lot more to go through.

http://"AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon_AinvPknlMstpSlayWrflDnon" - Put weapon down, Short Length "AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon_AmovPercMevaSrasWrflDb" - Hands behind back - Static "AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon_AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon" - put rifle on back - short Length "AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon_AmovPercMstpSrasWpstDnon_end"- Pull out handgun (Pretty cool) - Short "AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon_AmovPknlMstpSlowWrflDnon" - Move to kneel - Short "AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon_AmovPpneMstpSrasWrflDnon" - Move to Prone - Short "AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon_diary" - Hand out looking (Good for mission briefs) Static "AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon_gear_AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon" - Put things in pockets Short "AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon_Salute" Salute - Static "amovpercmstpsraswlnrdnon" Rocket launcher ready - Static "AmovPknlMstpSlowWpstDnon_AmovPknlMrunSrasWpstDf" kneel - Handgun out run slowmotion "AmovPknlMstpSlowWrflDnon_AmovPknlMrunSlowWrflDf" kneel - Rifle out slow motion run "AmovPknlMstpSrasWrflDnon_AadjPpneMstpSrasWrflDleft" - Fall left whilst aiming with rifle "AmovPknlMstpSrasWrflDnon_AadjPpneMstpSrasWrflDright" Fall right whilst aiming with rifle "AmovPknlMstpSrasWrflDnon_AinvPknlMstpSrasWrflDnon_Putdown" Put something down whilst aiming rifle "AmovPpneMstpSrasWrflDnon_AmovPercMsprSlowWrflDf_2" - SLOW MOTION From prone to running - Med "AmovPpneMstpSrasWrflDnon_injuredHealed" - keeping head down injured - Rifle "AmovPpneMstpSrasWpstDnon_healed" - Keeping head down injured - pistol No Weapon "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_AcrgPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_getInSDV" Get on high surface and peek over - short "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_AmovPercMstpSsurWnonDnon" Hands trans to head - Short "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_Ease" - At ease hands behind back - static (Good ONE!) "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_Scared" Looking at rifle on floor scared - Med "AmovPercMstpSsurWnonDnon" - surrender - Static "AmovPercMstpSrasWlnrDnon_AwopPercMstpSoptWbinDnon" - Dance move? lol short "amovpercmstpsraswlnrdnon_amovpercmstpsraswrfldnon" - another dance one lol "AmovPercMstpSoptWbinDnon" - Binoculars out "AmovPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_AmovPercMsprSnonWnonDf_2" - Sprint from Kneeling - Short "AmovPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_AmovPknlMstpSrasWrflDnon" - Pull out handgun from Kneeling - Short "AmovPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_explo" - Look around whilst kneeling short "" WATER "AbdvPercMwlkSnonWrflDb" swimming backwards with rifle - med "AbdvPercMwlkSnonWrflDl" Aiming sidewards whlist swimming - med "AbdvPercMwlkSnonWnonDb" swimming backwards - no weapon - med "AbdvPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_goup" Go up from water "AbswPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_relax" Relaxing in water facing down - staticish Injured "AcinPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_agony" Get put down in agony - Med "AcinPercMstpSnonWnonDnon" carrying on shoulders - static "AcinPercMrunSnonWnonDf" - running with injured on shoulders - med "AcinPercMrunSnonWnonDf_AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon" - pick up / put down injured "AcinPercMrunSnonWnonDf_death" Death - shakespear style! "AcinPercMrunSnonWnonDr" running sideways with injured on shoulder "AcinPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon" - Drag person along floor "AcinPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_AcinPercMrunSnonWnonDnon" - pick up and put on shoulders "AcinPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_AmovPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon" put down and aim rifle "AcinPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_AmovPpneMstpSnonWnonDnon" put down and lay down and aim rifle "acts_InjuredAngryRifle01" - INcapacitated on floor next to rifle "acts_InjuredCoughRifle02" INcapacitated Coughing on floor next to rifle "Acts_TreatingWounded01" treat Wounded on floor pumping chest "Acts_TreatingWounded02" epi pinning wounded on floor "Acts_TreatingWounded03" Putting tournaky (Cant remember how to spell it) "Acts_TreatingWounded04" - just lol, looks like a happy ending. just ? ? ? "Acts_TreatingWounded_loop" Assessing injured Cargo - "AcrgPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_getOutHighHemtt" Jump off high place onto ground "AcrgPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon_getOutLow" - jump foot downwards "Acts_BoatAttacked05" Hold side of boat "Acts_BoatAttacked01" Holding boat pointing at top left BRIEFING "Acts_A_M01_briefing" Officer Giving briefing long "Acts_A_M02_briefing" officer giving briefing long "Acts_A_M03_briefing" officer giving briefing long "Acts_A_M04_briefing" officer giving briefing long "Acts_A_M05_briefing" officer giving briefing from table long "Acts_A_OUT_briefing" put weapon down on table briefing med "Acts_AidlPercMstpSlowWrflDnon_pissing" scratch balls - med "Acts_B_briefings" - pointing at map briefing AMBIENT "Acts_carFixingWheel" Fixing wheel on car "Acts_listeningToRadio_Loop" - Listening to radio in ear LOOPed "Acts_NavigatingChopper_Loop" - Chopper traffic controller - looped "Acts_PercMstpSlowWrflDnon_handup1" hand up with rifle "Acts_PercMstpSlowWrflDnon_handup1b" hand up with rifle to vehicle "Acts_PercMstpSlowWrflDnon_handup2" Hands waving like SOS "Acts_PercMstpSlowWrflDnon_handup2c" vehicle Hold "acts_PointingLeftUnarmed" Pointing left no Weapon "Acts_ShieldFromSun_loop" - Hand above eyes shielding sun "Acts_ShowingTheRightWay_loop" Hand gesture to move traffic/people to the right "Acts_SignalToCheck" Signal to check "acts_StandingSpeakingUnarmed" Speaking with no weapons "Acts_WalkingChecking" - Checking under vehicle and around it (recommended) "AinvPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G01" checking pockets "" Infantry "Acts_CrouchGetLowGesture" GET LOW gesture "acts_CrouchingFiringLeftRifle01" Lean left around corner "acts_CrouchingFiringLeftRifle02" Quick Lean left around corner "acts_CrouchingFiri 

Thank you for your assist Harzach

Two working codes. First the guy will sit down with hands behind back. Second guy will stand up with hands behind head. 

this addAction [ "Get down", playmove  "Acts_AidlPsitMstpSsurWnonDnon04 " }, nil, 1.5, true, true, "", "true", 1 ];

this addAction [ "Hands up", playmove "AmovpercMstpSsurWnonDnon" }, nil, 1.5, true, true, "", "true", 1 ];

In both codes the enemy unit would still keep their primary weapon on their back. Is there another code I can slip in to have them drop the weapon on the ground.  

• Like 1

Update 3 of the best animations

Enemy unit with go on knees with hands behind back

this addaction ["On Knees",{(_this select 0) playmove "Acts_ExecutionVictim_Loop";},nil,1.5,true,true,"","true",1.5];

Enemy unit with sit down with hands behind back

this addAction [ "Get down", playmove  "Acts_AidlPsitMstpSsurWnonDnon04 " }, nil, 1.5, true, true, "", "true", 1.5 ];

Enemy unit with stand up with hands behind head

this addAction [ "Hands up", playmove "AmovpercMstpSsurWnonDnon" }, nil, 1.5, true, true, "", "true", 1.5 ];

I can't found a lot of information on drop weapon command. The Enemy units will still have the rifles on their backs. When you execute them weapons go on the ground. Not a game stopper but likes a like silly lol.  Over all this does exactly what I was looking for with this scenario. this alien faction is very difficult to kill with standard rounds.