Sign in to follow this  
goldmember

Realistic explosion mod  v1.1

wrecked.jpg

It looks like this after firing ~100 grenades from an AAV7 at the enemy. Not after one or two hits.

---

Goldmember!

Can you say something about mp problems with your mod?

I would like to use it while play online.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

http://lee.plankton.ch/wrecked.jpg

It looks like this after firing ~100 grenades from an AAV7 at the enemy. Not after one or two hits.

That looks lagalicious!

Is it perhaps possible to model new chunks of debris (long thin bits, hatches etc.) and either add to or replace the existing chunks of curved metal? A more random selection of debris strewn across the battlefield would look pretty good...

I'v found a bug, maybe rock.gif ...When fireing with m1a1 in some houses OFP crash to desktop...  rock.gif

As for MP games at dedicated servers: it's "NIGHTMARE" a  SUPER SLOW GAME sad_o.gif

Can you add some CPU reduce, graphics performance, NOT QUALITY, maybe a 16-bit smoke or fire ?

WE NEED PERFORMANCE, WE HAVE QUALTY allready   tounge_o.gif

my english is terrible ghostface.gif

I just wanted to say that i love this mod and i dont play without it, nice work

If you're looking for performance over visuals, you might want to play without the GMR mod and with reduced settings...

I just like to blow shit up and this allows me to do that in a much better way than previous.

I dont think the flaming bodies are on purpose but thats just the best effect! biggrin_o.gif

If you're looking for performance over visuals, you might want to play without the GMR mod and with reduced settings...
...ha ha smart one ghostface.gif

Have you ever try OFP in mp 6 vs 6 or some Coop 10 vs AI with GMR & @Ecp DR ?..eaven on dedicated server

No ?!                

Well, try it with GMR and fue armord vehicles and you'l see... crazy_o.gif   ......it's a SKY and GROUND for Single Player

I dont think the flaming bodies are on purpose but thats just the best effect! biggrin_o.gif

I should say you think wrong. Dead body effect exist since version 1.43. wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------

About MP problem: I wish I could help you. I have no idea what causes lag, I am not a programmer, I do not know what effect is local and what goes to server and why and how ...

Earlier you not complaint about MP, what was the first version when that seriuos lag problem arised?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I rewrote debris script, now can be set how many debris you want around vehicle in average.

Lag in MP occours probably due the immense number of script that are running and checking all the time...chopper dust for example, i think ofp has to determine the choppers height to know when dust rings have to appear, that process eats a bit performance, and if 4 choppers are in the air the performance loss is even greater....same for tank shock dust...everytime a tank fires the eventhandler must send some signal to every client so that shock dust appears.

perhaps this can be solved by the help of some ECP guys ?

afaik ecp works very well in MP and i use it with very much joy smile_o.gif .. don´t be mad at me Goldmember, your mod is still my favourite for SP wink_o.gif

but now i´m trying to make my very own config.bin...mixed together from GMR, ECP and FDF .. i don´t want to miss any of the effects offered by these 3 Mod biggrin_o.gif

http://lee.plankton.ch/wrecked.jpg

---

Goldmember!

Can you say something about mp problems with your mod?

I would like to use it while play online.

MfG Lee  smile_o.gif

Wich config u used for that?

and wich version :/

...ha ha smart one ghostface.gif

Have you ever try OFP in mp 6 vs 6 or some Coop 10 vs AI with GMR & @Ecp DR ?..eaven on dedicated server

No ?!

Well, try it with GMR and fue armord vehicles and you'l see... crazy_o.gif ......it's a SKY and GROUND for Single Player

That's why I said you shouldn't use GMR if you want to play without lag, champ wink_o.gif

Yesterday I saw effect picures of OGWC, and I made ourself a same aircraft destruction by missile effect in the air. I hope they do not mind. sad_o.gifsmile_o.gif IF you think need such a thing I could put it to next version.

Aircraft_explo_test.zip

http://au.f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/

ID: ftielemans

PW: dey8p7

GMR_mod folder

Good work Goldmember..i like these new effects a lot.

Just 2 questions; i noticed the trigger is set to 0.8 dammage...that reduces object armour,can we set trigger to 1 ?

other question is: what happens to heli wreck?

I like your work, and for MP I just made a second Shortcut, without the parameters tounge_o.gif

but now i´m trying to make my very own config.bin...mixed together from GMR, ECP and FDF .. i don´t want to miss any of the effects offered by these 3 Mod  biggrin_o.gif

Ooh, nice. Send me a copy when you're done. wink_o.gif

yes Goldmember biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif plz give us the new heloexplosion effects tounge_o.gif

regarding my own config...i dunno, i haven´t really started making one and i´m totally lost yet. the big ammount of existing config files for ECP and GMR makes it really hard to find a start in anything .. also i don´t know how complete gmr is (regarding compatibility with BAS Blackhawks, VITAPC´s and Sigmas Tanks for example) and so i hesitate a little to get further involved into it crazy_o.gif

will wait till ecp .145 & gmr .150 are released.

Good work Goldmember..i like these new effects a lot.

Just 2 questions; i noticed the trigger is set to 0.8 dammage...that reduces object armour,can we set trigger to 1 ?

other question is: what happens to heli wreck?

Missile hit rarely make dammage 1 to aircraft, therefore must used lower getdammage value. I think the original destroyed aircraft model is not fit to such an explosion, so I deleted. I will put little objects as debris into the explosion, that would represent the remains of aircraft. biggrin_o.gif

Nice work on those new effects...

Will you be able to implent all those new effects (which can be separatly dled atm) into one new version of GMR explomod? Into the next complete beta?

I will put little objects as debris into the explosion, that would represent the remains of aircraft.  biggrin_o.gif

That sounds fun tounge_o.gif

lol...i had this massive dogfight between SeaDemons Migs and Colorchangers RAF Tornadoes while a load of Footmunches F4's attacked a russian armoured convoy...what a show! better than the movies

Hi!

I think about MP problem and realized that maybe the smoking, burning debrises cause lag. Every destroyed vehicle has 4-6 debrises and each of them runs separatley a script which makes smoke or fire on it. In this new version debris can be disabled or limited in two ways, I hope it is helps. Besides I made some optimalization too.

Plus: this contains the aircraft destruction by missile effect too, and he has strong PC and like lot of debris - as L.H. Oswald pic -

now can be do it.

It would be great if somebody would test it how it works.

I upload GMR_MP_test.zip to briefcase

http://au.f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/

ID: ftielemans

PW: dey8p7

GMR_mod folder

Hey Goldy Man biggrin_o.gif

I'l test it on Sunday on a small LAN party with about 8-10 pl and dedicated server v1.94b so...

...I have your GMR_MP_test and...

...will let you know

ghostface.gif

Any new news? It's gotten somehow still...

gmr, when will you release a new version of the addon which has the patches etc already included?

whats gonig on guys?

everyone in holyday? smile_o.gif

i hope we can see in the next time a new version of the mod.

i love it

Aye, looking forward to the next release with shell explosions integrated.

Will you be getting your Santa hat on, GMR? smile_o.gif