Sign in to follow this  
quakergamer

Where do we define the pbo name

Hello all,

where do I define the PBO name of my island so that it path the textures correctly ?

Thanks!

Hello all,

where do I define the PBO name of my island so that it path the textures correctly ?

you can set the texture path in the system preferences of visitor. If you want to include the textures in your own pbo just create a folder in the root directory of your bulldozer directory. Name that folder the same as the pbo you want to create and copy the primary textures and the config file in there.

When you're done with your island and you have all secondary textures created (they should now be in the directory you created earlier), then export the wrp to that folder and make it a pbo.

If you load this pbo ingame the textures should be loaded correctly from your island's pbo. Unfortunately it is impossible to use more than one pbo as a texture source, so as soon as you need more textures from different pbos or you want to use some custom textures you MUST put them in your islands folder.

For example I use the textures from kegetys' demo: I created a folder on D:\ (my bulldozer path) called 'ddl_isle1' and copied tn.paa and l4.paa in there. Then I set the texture path to 'D:\ddl_isle1'. After finishing my island I just exported the wrp to that folder and made it into a pbo (using StuffPbo). Works fine.

Another question, why does it has to  be in buldozer ??

Anyway thank you it works ;0

Hmm im havin a issue myself using kegetys demo getting a config error after i stuff the pbo and try to use in game.

it is saying

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">'tutisland\config.cpp/CfgWorlds.': '{'encountered instead of '="

Not sure what i done wrong...prolly just a n00b mistake its early, help be ncie tho smile_o.gif

Thanks

Kev