Sign in to follow this  
doshskia

reguarding base defending

im sure every feels that the AI is a bit too OP with how quickly they respawn
with the main issue being that if there is 3+ living quarters its very easy to defend the base with just one player
i also realize that this is a form of balancing for how terrible the AI is when it comes to engaging players
but the biggest issue i have with it is that dissembling the living quarters takes too long and progress is not saved (if a player goes down while dissembing the next player should have pick up from where they left off)
but another different way to go about it in my own opinion is allow attackers to drain supply by destroying supply with bullets and bombs the same could go for trucks as a addition

Hi Doshskia,

I was playing yesterday and saw it from the other side. Our side was so disorganised running around doing lone wolf. The other team were working better together so I was left defending a base on my own. The Ai definitely helped. I managed to kill the opposing team and hold off further attacks by myself.  While I am better than most (Not even going to be humble), realistically I still should not have been able to do so, as the opposing team had a spawn set up somewhere nearby, were certainly not noobs and were working well together attacking from all sides. But as I had the Ai soaking up some bullets giving away the attackers positions I could pick them apart. Bases should not be a cakewalk to take, specially not built up ones. 

The old way was was far too easy and created too much non engagement with actual enemy players, one person could go around taking positions with ease, so the new way is an improvement.

That said, what I think should happen is a smaller amount of Ai spawn direct in base to defend and the other Ai spawns away from the base (When enemy are attacking) and moves towards (call it reinforcements) . This means the attackers can't just easily take the base but have to also defend their position while doing so.

(if a player goes down while dissembling the next player should have pick up from where they left off) not a bad idea, if it has a time out. 

Guess all the edges will only really smooth out when all the additions are made from the ongoing Roadmap.