Sign in to follow this  
rick rawlings

Need assistance with Hide Terrain Module

Seems to be very sketchy on CamLaoNam. I am using it in a couple of places and it is causing a bunch of problems where what you see in the editor is not what shows in game. Anyone else see this before or have a potential solution?

Thank you!

RR

I've had a similar issue lately in other maps.  I believe Kujari was one of them (so a completely different set of map assets).  It seemed like the issue would be less if I reduced the total number of assets (units, vehicles, etc) that were running scripts in the mission, but that might have just been a coincidence.

Thanks! This part of an ALIVE setup, so I am wondering if that contributes to the editor appearance not matching the in-game appearance?

So I just decided to move that LZ to a clearer spot. Here's the real trick though:

I want one of the objectives to be blowing up the bridge near Nong Khiaw. So I put down the Hide Terrain module to remove the center pillar and associated spans of the bridge, replacing them with editor objects so I can detect (and assist with) their destruction. I also added in triggers so that if the pillar is destroyed, it will delete the spans touching it. Just for added measure, I added in a trash pile that if it gets destroyed, it deletes all the editor components of the bridge. This all looks great in the editor. As you can see in the video, it behaves very differently. The "ground" is not completely removed and this seems to block the damage from the satchel charges. I know it can work, because every time I load the mission, that area is a little different and some times there is enough of the entities exposed that the satchel charge will take them out. So I guess my questions are:

1. Is there a better way to get the module to work

2. Is there a way to use addEventHandler explosion or damage to make sure the bridge section is destroyed if a satchel charge goes off near it. I can't quite figure out the syntax for that.

Thank you

RR