Sign in to follow this  
-WKK--SkyQuake

Trigger a 3rd trigger if 1 of 2 triggers = true :)

How to do?

Its easy enough to have one trigger beeing activated by another trigger.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">trigger2

condition: trigger1 = true

But how do you trigger a 3rd trigger if one of 2 other triggers is active?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">trigger3

condition: trigger1 = true or trigger2 = true

dossent work sad_o.gif Ive tried with ( ) around and so on....

Thanx in advance

SkyQuake - not the biggest scripter/coder

try it like this...

trigger3

condition: trigger1 == true or trigger2 == true

Without the dbl == around and you were trying to set the trigger1 to be true rather then checking if its true.

Hoz rock.gif

Nope - dossent work, get a error sad_o.gif But thanx anyway smile_o.gif

btw. the 3rd trigger is to be synced with a waypoint.

This will work , i just tested it in the mission editor before reporting the method here

Here is an example test (of course you will have to change some codes according to your mission , but the concept will remain the same)

Mission : Kill Bob and Jim that are in 2 different places, so a reward message appear

-Create a soldier , name it BOB

-Create a second soldier far away , name it JIM

-Create a 1st trigger

At the line Condition , replace the word "this" by

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">GetDammage BOB >=1

And at the line On Activation, put

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">DEADBOB=true

-Create a 2nd trigger

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">GetDammage JIM >=1

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">DEADJIM=true

-Create the 3rd trigger

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">DEADBOB and DEADJIM

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">hint "GREAT SHOTS"

-change nothing more in the 3 triggers, and you can place them anywhere in the map

And voila, ingame shoot BOB then JIM , it will activate the 3rd trigger that will display the Hint window with GREAT SHOTS in it

Well tried it, and it dossent work sad_o.gif And its not the AND-command i want to use, but the OR-command (II)

Ive made a small-scale map triggerprob.Noe.zip trying to show what i need.

I have 2 triggers that can be activated when entered. The 3rd trigger is controling a waypoint and shuld kick in once one of the two other triggers is activated.

SQ

1-What i wrote about the "and" trigger example works perfectly , i dont know what you are doing, but it works

2-I downloaded your test mission and i found what you did wrong here

A/ DO NOT PUT the CYCLE waypoint exactly on the M2A2 , it will give an error

Put the CYCLE waypoint near the first waypoint

(i have an error until i delete the CYCLE waypoint and put it near the first waypoint of the M2A2)

B/ If you want your <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">test1 OR test2 to work

*In the trigger -movewesttank1- put

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">test1 = true; test2 = false

instead of only test1 = true

*In the trigger -movewesttank2- put

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">test2 = true; test1 = true

instead of only test2 = true

Notice : you dont need the spaces in test1 = true , you can write test1=true , it will work the same way

If you do exactly that , it WILL work , tested on the editor the tank will continue to move if i enter one of the 2 trigger array.

thx will go test it out smile_o.gif

And the AND-command example u gave works yes, but i was refering to my OR-example.

SQ