Sign in to follow this  
SpaceAlex

V1.30 multiplayer, great

I was playing multiplayer, all day, and the game didn't crashed once. Great work with the MP. I don't know why, people are still complaining, about MP. It's great.

Most people complain about wairing for mp games.

Your lucky, my MP failed from 1.29 + 1.3, and it refuses to stay on a server for more than 60 sec. Emailed BIS for help, and tried the forums, still nothing.

Actually, I read on a site that you should backup the players dirs and uninstall, reinstall and install patch. For european version, uninstall, install, patch 1.20 and THEN patch 1.30.

Haven't tried it yet.

When I play the best bugs come out is when its: laggy, lose of fps, and when pings seriously sky rocket.I wish they would make it and fps multiplayer game instead of ping, cause ping will be like Swat 3 where its almost immpossible to find a server und 200 ping and the multiplayer always lags.

we had to do a reinstall. If you don't use any betas and no add on's the CTD, Lagging seemed to stop. Had 7 guys on last night direct IP. had a few disconnects but nothing like before...

Maybe things are looking up!

In order to have the best game efficiency, you need to do a clean install from 1.20 to 1.30, as this would fix many bugs appearing on a game patched to 1.30 from 1.29 or 1.27 or other betas. I experienced one of these, with the laser designator and LGB's on the A10.

Done this it is a good habit to access multiplayer games not from GameSpy, but DIRECTLY from the game by typing in the ip of the server.

Another tip is that if you just want to use GS, Dedicated servers are more stable than user created rooms.

Hope all this helped smile.gif

I haven't had a single crash either smile.gif

RED

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from SpaceAlex on 1:42 am on Nov. 19, 2001

I was playing multiplayer, all day, and the game didn't crashed once. Great work with the MP. I don't know why, people are still complaining, about MP. It's great.

<span id='postcolor'>

or they complain because their games crash....

when i am hosting a MP-game after a while in "desert ambush" one client crashes (there starts the chain reaction) then all others follow sad.gif