Sign in to follow this  
edc

Computer restarts

OK, this is getting strange.  When I start OFP, before it even gets to the first splash screen, my computer turns off and restarts.  This happened once a few days ago, after I installed some new addons and also installed the hi resolution sky mod.  It stopped after I removed the new addons that I installed, thinking that they may have been corrupted.  Before that, its never happened to me before.  I've just added a new addon (the North Korean Army Pack 2) and this has started happening again.  So, I doubt it has anything to do w/ corrupted addons.  I also doubt it has to do with drivers, since I haven't just installed any new ones.  I'm have OFP version 1.91, Windows XP Home, 512 DDR, Radeon 9000 64meg AGP.

Edit:I forgot, after it restarts, and I login, it does say the system has recovered from a serious error and gives me this code:

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : BF9E71A1 BCP3 : ED288B20

BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 768_1

you got too much addons in your addon floder  smile_o.gif

try to use -mod  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Maybe the Loop error?

What?

From my study from pcs. There must something wrong with the flashpoint memory writing. I had same probs but i just ctd`ed. I was searching for the problem for 3 months. After some measuring i founded 1 of my RAM blockes was more used then the other 1. Because i had not enabled dual ram 1 of the block had more using damage then the other and didnt cooperate any more (they were excactly the same when i bought them). U think this is noncence but it isnt I thought this wasnt possible but it is. You can try to switch them if u got 2 blocks of ram or remove 1. (in the first slot) I think flashpoint was trying to write a piece of ram alrdy in use by another program this causes boots and large system failures. So give it a try its not always software crazy_o.gif

smile_o.gif

I had it too once,removed the ATI card from the AGP slot and started my comp. then I put the ATI back and my comp started normally agian. Well I still expercience some minor problems.

BTW make sure you got the CORRECT drivers such as Built by ATI or POWERED by ATI. And both the control panel and the drivers. rock.gif

Or visit www.viaarena.com