Sign in to follow this  
Devil

Lifelog program

If this is implemented, it will be the end of crime in the United States.

Click Here

Yeah, that sounds absolutely horrifying. Count me out, thank you so much. The government does not own me, and as such has no right to any of that information.

I think on the day this thing becomes reality, this should be the day on which we build a huge fence around the US and wait until you have produced some leaders with some sort of sense left in them crazy.gifmad.gif

This is worse than Orwell's 1984 ffs mad.gif I can't possibly imagine how something like this could pass congress or whatever it has to pass to become legal confused.gif

but won`t u all be much safer confused.gif i mean dont u have cctv littered about all over the place like we have plus what u buy goes into a marketing profile owned by companies anyway.

*shrugs* It's not such a big step forward from the Echelon project. I don't understand why you people act so surprised, things have been developing in this direction for some time...

edit: spelling

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blaegis @ 22 May 2003,01:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*shrugs* It's not such a big step forward from the Echelon project. I don't understand why you people act so surprised, things have been developing in this direction for some time...

edit: spelling<span id='postcolor'>

yeah, but then we were spying on other people tounge.gif

Anyone who's indifferent to this or even thinks it's a good idea really should sit down with a copy of 1984

I keep trying to defend saying the US isn't going to an Orwellian society. And everyday a little piece of me starts to not believe it. Brilliant ideas like this are the reason.

I'm about three spying ideas from gettin' the hell outta here.

My Orwell is fine, thank you, Tovarish... wink.gif I'm not being indifferent, I'm being realistic. Personally, I really don't care if the NSA decides to read my email or track which questionable sites I've visited on the net today. The point is that even if I did care, there's very little I could do to prevent them from doing it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blaegis @ 22 May 2003,01:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">MyThe point is that even if I did care, there's very little I could do to prevent them from doing it.<span id='postcolor'>

Just like human greed was the downfall of communism, I get the feeling human apathy's going to become the downfall of democracy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blaegis @ 22 May 2003,01:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My Orwell is fine, thank you, Tovarish... wink.gif I'm not being indifferent, I'm being realistic. Personally, I really don't care if the NSA decides to read my email or track which questionable sites I've visited on the net today. The point is that even if I did care, there's very little I could do to prevent them from doing it.<span id='postcolor'>

Make your senator shoot that bill down in the congress? Move away? Take up arms against the government?

There's loads you can do smile.gif

I mean, if that piece of information is correct, would you really want the government to know when and where you wank crazy.gifmad.gif

Hmm, let's put it like this: I'll agree on the intellectual level that people have a right to privacy and a government has no right to spy on its citizens without a damn good reason. Most of the countries have laws to that effect. On the practical level, however, when the technology becomes available to a goverment to keep tabs on its citizens with impunity, the government will take it, whether the citizens like it or not.

So, with a view of "doing something about it", I could of course start encrypting my emails, get a badass firewall, buy an encrypted cell phone and start boobytrapping my front door when I leave the apartment. Would those measures be effective? To some extent. Do I care enough to go through with them? No.

I doubt the program will ever work. It's just a huge waste of money.

problem with gov't having all those info is that they can abuse it without you knowing it.

for example, let's say gov't has ways to recieve noted on everything you do. then, they can manipulate it so that the effectiveness of your action can be compromised by going behind the back and force your service provider to cut back some stuffs.

am I the only person thinking what a wierd days we live in? Yesterday, CBS showed 2nd part of "Hitler: The Rise of Evil" where near the end he suspends all constitutional rights as the President of Germany dies.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blaegis @ 22 May 2003,02:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On the practical level, however, when the technology becomes available to a goverment to keep tabs on its citizens with impunity, the government will take it, whether the citizens like it or not.<span id='postcolor'>

I would hope that you are wrong, but to be honest there isn't a government in this planet I would trust not to abuse this sort of power, with or without public knowledge.

So if you're correct, we're looking at a future Orwellian society, perhaps with a significant Anarchist movement....lovely.

[whisper] My God, it's begun, they're watching me! [/whisper]

<--------- wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ 22 May 2003,01:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blaegis @ 22 May 2003,01:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My Orwell is fine, thank you, Tovarish... wink.gif I'm not being indifferent, I'm being realistic. Personally, I really don't care if the NSA decides to read my email or track which questionable sites I've visited on the net today. The point is that even if I did care, there's very little I could do to prevent them from doing it.<span id='postcolor'>

Make your senator shoot that bill down in the congress? Move away? Take up arms against the government?

There's loads you can do smile.gif

I mean, if that piece of information is correct, would you really want the government to know when and where you wank crazy.gif  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

don`t worry im s ure they`ll use some papers and stuff to explain w hys its all ok aand everyone will think everyone e lse t hinks its a good idea which will override initial doubts so talking to ur local politician will be useless and for aking up arms well catapults and rolling pins dont work in modern warfare.

Oh and whats democracy? In all the confusion i seem to have forgotten.