Sign in to follow this  
CuteQA

Is there way to make ai land on the other airport?

As the topic, i want the ai land on the north island airport............is it possible???

I dont know if this is possible and I never tried. Why dont u make a waypoint over it, and a trigger when the plane gets near the airport with setvelocity under the speed it would need to remain in the air, so maybe it would land that way. No take off though

You can't make then land without scripting with some setVelocity/flyinheight/Setpos.

I wonder if you could change the airport in the config for it or whatever it uses.

No, that's hardwired into the config of the island. You can only set one runway to do this per island confused.gif

I think the best way to get it down is a Shilka.....but maybe that's just me tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ 11 May 2003,05:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can't make then land without scripting with some setVelocity/flyinheight/Setpos.<span id='postcolor'>

Even with scripting you'll have a really hard time.

I once tried to script a landing but I couldn't get the AI to put the gear down. So unless you have a plane with a custom animation for lowering the gear you are out of luck.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ 11 May 2003,06:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wonder if you could change the airport in the config for it or whatever it uses.<span id='postcolor'>

What you can do is to make another seperate config and put it into a pbo where you set the ILS settings for the AI to use the other airfield, but you will have to get the right coordinates for takoff, landing and taxiing.

You can change the location where the AI lands with a new config, but you are still limited to 1 airfield.