Sign in to follow this  
CuteQA

Question about animate runway light

I made this runway in my mission, and i want the light animate like in real world.  However i dont know how to do it.....:( Is there any way to do it?

runway.jpg

ps: sometime maybe the pic link doesnt work, just refresh it until it show up   crazy.gif

It looks great. But the question is, how would you want the lights to be animated? confused.gif I mean, in which order?

In the real world, the central white lights line will shine forward to the runway to guide the pilot, is it to possible to do that??

also, is it possible to scrpit to use flare light(more bright) to do that?? smile.gif

I can let people download it if success, so people dont need to spend a lot of time to make runway light. Also, i have finished nogova runway+taxi way lights,and i'm making everon version now. smile.gifbiggrin.gifrunway%20light.jpg

Guest jacobaby

question, how did you make/place the lights?

The answer to this will affect your solution.

TJ

I use the runway marker light addon and place them slow and carefully. sad.gif Now i'm using flare to simulate the animate light (it works ok, but the timing need to be adjusted) i'm still seeking a better way to do it.  I want to post the mission file (64kb) for everyone to test it, but my freeweb space doesnt allow me to put zip file.  Hope someone can help me.   confused.gif

also, i'm trying to find a way to make the four white lights next to the runway works like real world (it will show u if u are in correct landing route. the function a little bit similar as the "Meatball" on the US carrier)  smile.gif

I'm suprised that no one mentioned this: This is an

awsome runway light setup! It sure will be better than

trying to land using the narrow night vision goggle view.

I wonder.. does it lag at all?

btw if you send it to me at mklcwern@shaw.ca i'll

upload it to a good server so people can download it smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AXE @ 05 May 2003,01:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm suprised that no one mentioned this: This is an

awsome runway light setup! It sure will be better than

trying to land using the narrow night vision goggle view.

I wonder.. does it lag at all?

btw if you send it to me at mklcwern@shaw.ca i'll

upload it to a good server so people can download it smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It caused me a little little bit lag (but acceptable for me, my pc: P41.5G, Gforce2mx 32mb, and 384 rdram, there should be many monster PCs better than mine crazy.gif ), and i send u the file. Thanks your help(tear)! biggrin.gif

Well runway lights are nothing new, I had them in the Working Mission Nogova and flashing too. Flashing them by using inflame true and inflame false through a carefully written sqs. My lights were very powerful and much fewer than yours, the effect was you could land at 3Km in pitch black. (your's is better quality but needs MUCH more brightness to be visible at distance in OFP)

Now as for directional light I beleive we have one at the CoC somewhere, I will ask Walker and see what he says. (not 100% sure)

Hi all

I am redoing the Lighthouse Keeper and Spotlight

It doubles as a light in the house when empty

I will release it next week

Kind regards walker

wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ 05 May 2003,02wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well runway lights are nothing new, I had them in the Working Mission Nogova and flashing too.  Flashing them by using inflame true and inflame false through a carefully written sqs.  My lights were very powerful and much fewer than yours, the effect was you could land at 3Km in pitch black.  (your's is better quality but needs MUCH more brightness to be visible at distance in OFP)

Now as for directional light I beleive we have one at the CoC somewhere, I will ask Walker and see what he says. (not 100% sure)<span id='postcolor'>

I tried inflame false/true way but it is too complex and the light is not bright enough, is there a way to enhance the light? tounge.gif

Now the flare effect (a easy and simple script) i'm using help people to see it in farer distance, but i want to find a better way to do it. smile.gif

Not sure, I modified the coloredLights addon to make it much brighter, its in this Addon Pack... I think it uses flare I forget.

Wait for the directional light from Walker for sure...

Add me to the list of people wanting to use this smile.gif I've been thinking about this for a while...just never got around to it. My only questions are do military airbases use the runway lights? And if they are blinking, what are the general patterns (and why)?

Looking forward to seeing more of this biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ 04 May 2003,23:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I use the runway marker light addon and place them slow and carefully. sad.gif Now i'm using flare to simulate the animate light (it works ok, but the timing need to be adjusted) i'm still seeking a better way to do it.<span id='postcolor'>

Use the Colored Lights addon I gave you smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">here it is:

http://www.kamodder.com/~minbari_capt/runway.zip

I took a quick look, my little 650 mhz couldn'd handle it,

but i only have a 32mb tnt2 vid card. there are

about 980 lights!!! looks pretty cool <span id='postcolor'>

Oh God, I hope this runway is different..... With my slow computer crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DestroyerX @ 05 May 2003,11:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ 04 May 2003,23wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I use the runway marker light addon and place them slow and carefully. <!--emo&sad.gif Now i'm using flare to simulate the animate light (it works ok, but the timing need to be adjusted) i'm still seeking a better way to do it.<span id='postcolor'>

Use the Colored Lights addon I gave you smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">here it is:

http://www.kamodder.com/~minbari_capt/runway.zip

I took a quick look, my little 650 mhz couldn'd handle it,

but i only have a 32mb tnt2 vid card. there are

about 980 lights!!! looks pretty cool <span id='postcolor'>

Oh God, I hope this runway is different..... With my slow computer crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe u can delete those taxi way lights.....should do a little help  smile.gif

To walker: I would be very happy to see a your better light addon biggrin.gif

(heck, that also means i have to redo all of the lights crazy.gif  biggrin.gif )

I hope there will be a runway with lights in ofp2... tounge.gif

A long time ago I made a bundle of scripts to handle and place lights, also uploaded it to opfec.

Have a look here: Lights Script Package

It contains a demo mission.

With this Light pack you can easily place light's in cicles, lines or along waypoint of logic's. Light's can be assigned to group numbers in order to control them later.

A variety of patterns, sequences or flashing of light groups can be achieved by one line.

To use this feature you don't have to script a single line...

Hope you like it wink.gif