Sign in to follow this  
BBSmith

Sidewinder game voice questions

I am thinking about getting a Headphone/microphone combo That T can get at a major retail store (ei: Besy Buy, Circuit City etc...)

Ive put most of my money on the Sidewinder GameVoice..

If you have never heard of it please do not reply to this topic

I have thought this through and I figured the GameVoice will come with their servers that supply this device.. My question is:

Is it possible to use TEAMSPEAK2 with this device? Or only Microsoft's Voice Servers.

Also if you would know, If you HAVE this device for your personal use. Please tell me how easy it is to select specific people and have it set up to talk to your team only.. Theres a button on the device as you know (Since you Have it)... Will just hitting team chat on the device auto chat to teamates, or do you have to set it up?confused.gif

I bought the setup a few years ago when it first came out. Many like it and many don't. I do think however that those that became disgruntled with it did not have it setup correctly or did not have a fast enough connection and processor to handle everything. Remember back then a 500mhz computer was top of the line and not everyone was highspeed as we seem to be getting to these days.

1) Yes you can use it with Teamspeack, RogerWilco, etc. You are only utilizing the headset and microphone though. The "puck" is bypassed.

2) Teamchat works by allowing the puck users to assign teamates to specific channels. Just hit the button and your on the channel you need to be on.

My suggestion to you is you download the shareware version of the program and see how well it performs for you. If you like it then consider buying it. If not and maybe something even better to consider is getting a good headset and mike for the same price and just running a freeware program that does the same thing.

Well, I use my swgv with ts2.

in ts2 is an option to activate the swgv-buttons but u can only use them as shortkeys, not like in gv-software for spoken commands. works fine 4 me.  biggrin.gif

Four example: I defined two master-channels (Key1&2), switching channels up and down (Key3&4), talking only to my teammates (Key Team) and talking to channelcommanders (Key All)

I am using auto-voice, but defined the command-key for ptt (push-to-talk) tounge.gif