Sign in to follow this  
matjoa

My own created mission crash to desktop

This is the pop-up:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cannot load 'Users\..\Saved\missions\mymission.Eden\save.fps'. Error 'No entry' at '/GameState/Variables/Item12/data.value.Item0'.<span id='postcolor'>

I' am using around 400 units. When I remove part of them (indistinctly) the load works.

Do everybody know anything about this?

TIA

JF

Hi,

Epox 8KHA+ (sound AC'97)

AMD Athlon XP 1700+

768Mb RAM (1Gb max. virtual memory -> more than this?)

Winfast GF4-MX440 (64Mb)

Windows XP SP1

All drivers are the latest I've found.

And OFP v1.46

The save.fps file is about 24Mb. Is it normal?

I know there is in CoC a tool to read those *.fps files. But I couldn't found it.

Thank you.

JF.

Hi,

Just since installing DX9.0b I've started getting this message too, and can't load any savegames or retries, new or old:

Cannot load 'Users\..\Saved\missions\missionname.islandname\continue.fps'. Error 'No entry' at '/GameState/Variables/Item102/data.value' rock.gif

Any idea what this might be please?

I only updated my virus scanner and ran it yesterday, and I get the same message whether using 1.91 or 1.94b, so I doubt it's a virus.

I also had a look at the MS update site to see if there were any fixes to DX9.0b, but nothing there. Everything else seems fine, I'm running with Mod folders and have 512mb RAM, but the problem seems to be with some of the bigger missions (I can't get my BAS/Tonal/SpecOps or /MH14E demo missions to resume, nor my beloved Unscripted War for SebNam2). The FDF missions and BIS ones resume OK...

I would suggest sending your flashpoint.rpt's, your user directories (minus any big files like faces or sounds inside), and a copy of the mission in question to BIS (support@bistudio.com) - they might be able to fix this in time for 1.94 final if it is a game engine error.

Cheers Blackdog - good point!

I finally got a savegame to work after I noticed that savegames I'd backed up in October would load OK. So I think the problem occurs in the saving process and is caused by an addon I've been using in the -mod since then (either CoC UA, Footmunch's Phantom or GMR_ExploMod).

I tried saving a game when running just Sebnampack2 and that works OK, even if I quit to the desktop and restart with GMR, UA and the other addons I can still resume the mission...

Unscripted War doesn't use either Footmunch's F4 or the CoC UA, so I'm thinking that maybe it's the persisting GMR craters that are piling up and causing problems. I'll try disabling the craters in the GMR.pbo and see if that solves the problem.

Cheers,

Cornhelium

You should just be aware that continuing a mission with a different set of mods or addons than were available when you previously played the mission may cause unpredictable results.

I had this when I flip-flopped between using standard Resistance addons and adding the GMR Explosions mod or the FDF mod.

Problems can range from CTDs, error messages and unusual mission behavior.