Sign in to follow this  
Goodspeed

Realistic performance attributes

May be someone here already rised this qustion, but I didn't find nothing similar to it.

I'd like to offer make more realistic performance attributes of vehicles and weapons.

We were talk too much about Abrams and T-80, Mi24 and Apache, etc.

It would be great if you specify technicalas characteristics of them as much as possible, without biliousness wink.gif

Thank you.

About performance, but for soldier unit, it would be nice if few heavy weapon like machine gun and launcher slow down runs

The more simulation OFP2 will be the more I will love it. OFP1 was nearly a perfect "virtual battlefield". Sure, I'd like to see a more realistic flight model and physics like in Gunship and also a more realistic tank handling like in M1 Tank Platoon II.

But don't forget that other simulation games (e.g. Gunship, M1 Tank Platoon, Falcon) with a more realistic physics never had to simulate different kind vehicles.

OFP1 was the first game to simulate Infantry, armored, not armored vehicles and also choppers and airplanes at the same time. And BI did a great job!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (gameworx @ 30 April 2003,16:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The more simulation OFP2 will be the more I will love it. OFP1 was nearly a perfect "virtual battlefield". Sure, I'd like to see a more realistic flight model and physics like in Gunship and also a more realistic tank handling like in M1 Tank Platoon II.

But don't forget that other simulation games (e.g. Gunship, M1 Tank Platoon, Falcon) with a more realistic physics never had to simulate different kind vehicles.

OFP1 was the first game to simulate Infantry, armored, not armored vehicles and also choppers and airplanes at the same time. And BI did a great job!<span id='postcolor'>

Dont forget there was another try at a virtual battlefield system

Wargasm was the name of this game , you could be a soldier, a tank pilot/gunner and an attack chopper pilot/gunner

Old game, but at the time Wargasm was out, it was very original.

http://www.wargasm.net/ for people that have no clue about what was Wargasm

And a preview in 1998 of this too much unknown very good game

http://www.combatsim.com/htm/nov98/wargasm.htm

BIS is now far away at the top in term of Virtual Battlefield, not only because of the difference of technology (BTW Wargasm is always very good looking) , but it offers a lot more different experiences