Sign in to follow this  
kleaner2

Evacuating wounding???

I've just bought the game primarily for its mission editing abilities and am still learning the scripting commands.

One of the things that I would like to replicate are scripts for calling in helos to evacuate wounded troops. Could be interesting to try to secure a hot LZ while trying to get your wounded troops out. Players could drag them faster than they can crawl? Ideas?

Also, how about carryinging dead bodies back?

Sequence like this?

* Radio call to medivac

* Specify waypoint for medivac to land and LOAD at. (may need to use dynamic waypoint scripts here).

* Send all wounded to LZ and get into choppers

* Issue radio command for choppers to take off or they will auto take off in 90 seconds after landing.

Hmm.... just an idea (and those are a dime a dozen)...

i really dont think so soz. don't u think that the obvious reason is they already have medics in the game.

but be serious even the pros on this forum don't understand scripts that advanced.

I am interestin in this too... is there a state that gets switched when a troop gets wounded? And if so... couldnt this be used to send the troop to a way point?

Yeah,

There are alot of things that change when you get wounded... For starters damage, then handshit and canstand will change depending on where your hit... A script to check these things really shouldn't be that hard to make. After that all you need to do is choose a location and call the medivac., force movement of all wounded to that spot to load-up... smile.gif Doesn't sound too hard, does it?

Cosmic

Another dig of the past I see, it is not very hard to do this just use the domove command, playmove command and setdammage command (not necessarily in that order)

RED