Sign in to follow this  
Capitaine Haddock

Eech gameplay style

Have you seen Enemy engaged Comanche Hokum?

This is how it roughly works:

1- You load the map

2- The map gets divided in 2: red side and blue side, and gets populated automatically with AI units and Bases.

3- A list of missions appears. Those are the missions for the day. It's all the missions your side it's going to do on that day, from reckon missions to attacks, intercepts, ground support or simple transfers.

4- You pick any of those and you play it, but here is the important bit: The AI still plays the other missions at the same time you play yours. The result: a living world with AI units going on on their business.

5- At the end of the day the game adjusts the frontline, and new missions will appear for the next day. And so forth and so on until you conquer the whole map.

The same system would be perfect for OFP.

great idea. I would like that to be in addition to a real campaign though.

What I think this means is:

You start your game and load a Dinamic Campaing that you saved...

The war is in a certain status, the front is somewhere and you could fancy being a infantry man today...

You select infantry man...

Then choose all possible misions that infantry platoons are asigned to...then you get into one of their members and do the mission.

Maybe you just fancy be a pilot with no war related missions and you could select pilot and then transport missions...

I don´t know....

I have hardly played the campaigns because Flashpoint is too open to play something small as a campaign in old style.

Campaign right now means a Queu of Missions...this should change

A Dinamic Campaign is what flashpoint is asking for.

It also needs living people....When you load an island to make your mission in the editor you shouldn´t need to put people...

You could place predefined bases...with number and kind of units....

I just can´t wait untill release...no matter what you do with it biggrin.gif