Sign in to follow this  
edc

Chemical weapons script beta

Hello, as you can see, I've finished my chemical weapons script enough that I want to release a beta for it.  In this script, you can order a chemical weapon artillery strike.  It does require one addon, the DKM M-46 which you can get here: http://www.dkm-mod.mkdi.net/weapon.html. The biggest bug w/ it that I know of is that it affects all units inside the 'kill zone', even tanks/cars.  I hope you like it. Please read the readme.  You can download it at my site.  Please post any comments or suggestions.  smile.gif

PS:If you are the person who made the coughing script for the BAS Kiowa/MH47, please PM or email me on whether I can use it.

Guest jacobaby

I made the coughing script. Its very simple. you are free to use it.

You can also use the smoke rockets effects from the kiowas for the gas............

TJ

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> made the coughing script. Its very simple. you are free to use it.

<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks a bunch! smile.gif

There is an updated version that puts this into use. When the player is close to where the chemical gas is, the player will cough. Again you can get it at my site(check my sig).

I haven't tried this script yet, but I was wondering if it was possible to not call the chemical weapon as an artilery strike, but have it as a stationary effect? Such as have smoke surrounding an area and the chemical effects? I was just wondering because this script could be used by creative WW2 editors to make gas chambers and such. Just some creative feedback. wink.gif

It wouldn't take too much editing to do that. You'd just have to take certain parts of fire.sqs and have them run just a fixed place.

Might grab your script very soon.

Working on an oil refinery.

BUT. The Davidian Cult has hijacked the refinery and replaced the oil in the tanks with VX.

So i need the script for if the player shoots one of the tanks, gas leaks out.

biggrin.gif

Good idea eh?

Hmm i got some ideas for this,might go get it now. How bout having a truck witch u can detonate and sprays gaz every where when it explodes,maybe good for a terrorist mission biggrin.gif or make it a like C&C Genrals where the GLA tanks have antheax shells that would kick ass in OFP wink.gif and maybe have chemical grenades you can throw tounge.gif  just imagin the battle field! It be cool az biggrin.gif

EDIT: Well i got it and it the sample mission works fine part from...the smoke dont kill you or the AI and i get a warning message saying "file chokeie not found" or somthing like that.And i know i havent left any files out of the mission file so whats wrong confused.gif

I didn't think about it at the time, but I bet the chokeie file is in the BAS Kiowa, since the coughing/choking script is from that. Are you sure it doesn't kill the AI or you? It takes a few seconds. Where you are up on the hill in the demo mission, you are far enough away that I don't think you'll get injured.

I was right in the middle of the smoke could and there was like 5 smoke shells round me and i dident get hurt a bit same with the AI.

Does your screen flicker when you are close to the smoke(from the coughing script)? Try firing just one chemical shell at about where you are. You should slowly be injured, and eventually die.

my screen blacks outs and comes back again if thats what u mean? and i did fire 1 shell nothing happen but ill try again to night.

Yes, thats what I mean.  Its happening in the demo mission, correct?

Hey, that was my idea. I'm glad someone actually made it. Good job Edc!!

You said that all units, including vehicles were affected by the gas... Maybe you should create a unit with NBC protection.

original thread

I love the idea Edc, and is pretty good too!!

I'm having the same problem...my screen will flicker once, and shows the error about the chockie... I didn't die or anything either.. then i tried shooting another round, but it didn't flicker again and it wouldnt kill the AI either... confused.gif

EDC - great stuff, going to grab your script and give it a try.

Am working on a chemical drum, a reg barrel that dies with one shot, and with a trig and script, releases green gas (smoke shells). Having a few problems due to my small brain and lack of experience...

The coughing sounds like a great idea. I've tried to turn a killzone into a wound zone, but only the first soldier in gets wounded, he's got to crawl out before the trigger resets. And I don't have the cool coughing.

I've fixed the problem w/ it not injuring you/ai.  I had renamed a label, and had forgot to change the part that looped to it.embarassed.gif.  Also this version includes a mission that requires no addons,(and thus does not have the coughing).  It uses a T-72 for the artillery.  

@Sgt. Milkman-I was thinking about maybe having NBC gear, but I don't know how I can get the maiming/killing to only happen to part of all the units that are activating the trigger.  If I could, I would probably be able to get it to only damage infrantry.  Maybe a more expierienced scripter could give me a little hint.  

@Rokket-The coughing and flickering isn't really my work, it's jacobaby's that he let me use.  What exactly are you having problems w/ on your drum?

edit:oh duh, a link

EDC -

created simple drum, dies with one shot (so gas can escape). Have to add new sound. My nice label detailed label (with cryllic warning and chem sign) shows up as a chunky blob. I suspect that's my crap vid, but it is also squeezed. haven't learned enough to work with texturing properly

Real problem is that instead of a trigger and script, I'd like it to "die" and release green gas (or foggy gas). I'd like the addon to do the work, that way placing multiple containers would be easier, and perhaps more powerful (than a script/trig combo).