Sign in to follow this  

I have a trigger, and anyone will activate it when they enter its radius. But how do I tell the trigger to do something to all units within its radius, or even simply all units? The only thing I can get it to affect is named units and players.

Use the thislist command, it will give you a list of all the units in the area.

An example of this would be:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"_x setbehaviour {safe}" foreach thislist<span id='postcolor'>

RED

I want to remove the hand grenades of all units on the map. So I made a trigger that is activated by anyone and has a radius of ten thousand meters. Now, you are usually supposed to put

this removemagazines "handgrenade"

in a soldier's init line to remove hand grenades. So I put

"_x removemagazines "handgrenade"" foreach thislist

in the "on activation" line of the trigger. The problem is that the trigger doesn't like the double quotation mark at the end of "handgrenade." I can't remove the quotation marks from around "handgrenade," either. How do I go about fixing this?

You just need something to replace "handgrenade" , so try this

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">BOB="handgrenade"; "_x removemagazines BOB" foreach thislist<span id='postcolor'>

problem fixed, there is no more the double quotes that annoy OFP and you have a valid command that remove grenades wink.gif

Curly brackets will do the job:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"_x removemagazines {handgrenade}" foreach thislist<span id='postcolor'>

RED

Thanks for that, i never heard of that use of the brackets

I will now be able to gain space in my trigger activation line