Sign in to follow this  
quakergamer

Canfloat memory points in o2

Hey all,

What is the selection points that I have to put in the Memory LOD for a tank to be able to float. I know in the config I have to add CanFloat=1 but I dont know the memory points. I've looked at the BIS BMP and M113 model with no luck!

Thanks!

i dont think there are any memory points to make it float as there was also a M2A2 released that can float but the model was not edited only the config

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ April 21 2003,11:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i dont think there are any memory points to make it float as there was also a M2A2 released that can float but the model was not edited only the config<span id='postcolor'>

Yes there is because my tank don't floats :-/

OK look,here's some pictures :-/ as you can see y armor don't decrease when I'm in water, it means that my config is good but my Tank don't appear!

water1.jpg

water2.jpg

Guest BratZ

I havent made tanks so I am not sure ,maybe it has to do with how the model is centered in O2? How much is the model above the horizon in O2?

canfloat uses the landcontact points to determine where the

tank should float and determines the water splash effect.

How far down the tank sits in the water is determined by

the geometry wieght, so even if your tank is set to canfloat=1

it can still sink if it is too heavy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (19kilo2/10Cav @ 26 April 2003,06:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">mmmmmmm.......tanks don't float.<span id='postcolor'>

some tracked vehicles do float "M113, BMP" etc

Sweden had a IKV (freely translated to infantery cannonvehicle) it was kinda like a light tank, and did float.

and you sure about the weight? i mean what if i did a carrier?