Sign in to follow this  
Zeek

Goty problems using gamespy?

my bud has got GOTY edition OPF and he cant connect to server or host games through gamespy? can anyone solve the problem? If this helps he can only get tot he waiting for server screen if connecting to a game. If he hosts the game goes to the main screen you go to on SP.

Without his complete system specs how can we guess at what the problem is? It's most likely something like a firewall or router problem or such.

No, dude, I'm having the same exact problem with Gamespy. I dont have a firewall, and Res worked perfectly before. Can you PLEASE answer this somehow? I'll email, or post my system specs

Indeed, my friend is having no problem playing RES, but CWC is not connecting. Could someone please give some advice!

There is a much better program than Gamespy for playing OFP online, my friend has it, but I'm not sure what it's called. I think its called 'The Eye' or something like that, in GSA there are only a few people playing OFP, most people use this other program and you can find a lot more servers.

this is what i have found out ...you must install gamspy from the GOTY addition. If you use a pervious one gamespy will not regonize resistance or CWC. biggrin.gif