Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Transparency prob

I am having a problem with transparent textures. Not that I can't make them - it's only that some objects disappear when you look through them. This is especially annoying when I make glass windows on houses or on vehicles and you can only see the landscape through the glass but no vehicles! Please help!

Hi

Common problem with transparent textures, the problem can also be seen in bulldozer, with the rest of the model looking cut away.

There are two types of such graphical glitches:

1. You forgot to make a View Geometry LOD on your model. This might be the cause, seeing only landscape and no objects when looking trough the windows of the model. This is an LOD issue and not a texture problem. Just duplicate the Geometry LOD and change the copy to View Geometry. Should help

2. Other, when the model seem to have glitches and missing faces, both in bulldozer and ingame. This have to do something with a Z-buffer-ID-thingy..."stuff"..(think Suma said this, or Keygets)...ANYWAY. you solve it by selecting the faulty window, cutting it out, and paste it in an other temporary LOD. Then select ig again and copy it back to its original place. This might seem strange, but it will refresh, if you will, the Z-butter-tech.stuff that i mentioned and you should see the problem to awayin Bulldozer and ingame.

But i assume youre not having texture problems, youre missing that View Geomtery LOD.

BRSSEB

No, I was having texture problems. And it helped! Thanks Brsseb.