Sign in to follow this  
GoOB

We need a new russian/soviet campaign

So i just downloaded the Soviet-National anthem and it inspired me. Dont ask me how but it made me feel we need a new russian campaign. The red-hammer one just doesnt make the cut, the first few missions are good but then it turns into some arcadish hollywood flick. I would so love a realistic russian campaign set in the 80's maybe the take-over of Kolgujev? beating back resistance on Malden? Just something that gives me an excuse to listen to the Soviet-National anthem whilst i watch soldiers march down a road. Admit there is nothing that looks as cool as a red-army march. I know you like it smile.gif

I'll second that. Not just soviet though, more NVA missions for the nampack also. Its nice to play from the other side.

A long time ago (think back to a week before Resistance release) I made a mission on Winter Kolgujev, with the Soviet Anthem showing the buildup of Soviet forces. The idea was that Guba's soldiers had been saved from the Soviet Gulag's, but had to pay a price for their freedom - namely, the kicking out of the yanks from Kolgujev! Mission was going alright, then suddenly Resistance was released and I had to rush the release of Hot Winter sad.gif I don't think it runs on Resistance machines, though. If you have 1.46, check it out though smile.gif

Anyhow, a new Soviet Campaign would be great smile.gif Maybe something set in 1986, with a Soviet invasion on all islands?

hopefully when i have finished my island (Trinity, retexturing it for hi res, 95% complete) i'll continue with my campaign (my first one). which will be a straight forward invasion of trinity island from a Russian perspective. ill hopefully do two versions, one with standard troops i.e no addons needed, and one using various Russian troops (sdoc/uce troops and mailmans spetsnaz) wink.gif

Retaliation is a Russian campaign that is/was in development. I don't know whether they are still working on it. But their demo mission was really cool, so I imagine their campaign will be fun.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 18 2003,00:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A long time ago (think back to a week before Resistance release) I made a mission on Winter Kolgujev, with the Soviet Anthem showing the buildup of Soviet forces. The idea was that Guba's soldiers had been saved from the Soviet Gulag's, but had to pay a price for their freedom - namely, the kicking out of the yanks from Kolgujev! Mission was going alright, then suddenly Resistance was released and I had to rush the release of Hot Winter sad.gif I don't think it runs on Resistance machines, though. If you have 1.46, check it out though smile.gif

Anyhow, a new Soviet Campaign would be great smile.gif Maybe something set in 1986, with a Soviet invasion on all islands?<span id='postcolor'>

I got an idea. How about the year is 1991 and the fall of the Soviet Union caused Russia to lose parthial control of it's island bases? confused.gifsmile.gif