Sign in to follow this  
SickSidewinder9

Agp apature settings

I recently just installed a PNY verto Nvidea Geforce 4 agp 8x card with 128mb of memory. I went to run ofp:r and i got the memory-map o.pbo error. I downloaded the latest drivers, etc. I still have the error but i have over 700MBs of memory. It says to try adjust in the AGP Apature if i get this problem. Does anyone know how to do this on a Dell with WinXP. I have no idea. Please someone help i can't get my flashpoint fix. crazy.gif

okay i found the agp apreture setting, it was right in my CMOS.  Execpt adjusting it didn't work.  Help please my computer is not memory mapping o.pbo.  I sometimes would get this problem on my other computer though and when i restarted the computer to free up the ram that WinMe likes to use up, i could run the game.  I still can't get my Flashpoint fix! crazy.gif

You'll have to do that in the BIOS. Common keys to get into the BIOS (to be pressed immediately after the beep from the power-on self test) are DEL, F1, F2, F10, and F12.

Once you are in the BIOS, look around the various screens, hopefully there is an option there to change the aperture size. Unfortunately, consumer/business oriented systems usually don't give you as many tweaking options as enthusiast oriented systems built from separate motherboards and other components, so you may not find and AGP aperture size option in the BIOS.

Guest BratZ

Usually the memory map error is from too many addons,try removing some

Simply lowering the AGP aperture size isn't necessarily the answer. I would try all of the available sizes before investigating other solutions.

You said you have over 700MB of memory -- is that physical RAM, or does that include virtual memory? How much memory is free? Can you provide detailed system specs?

I installed extra ram in my computer a while ago. Its RAM. i have 128 MBs of video memory and i just put the new card it. I had a GeForce 2 with 64 megs and never had a problem. After puting in my new GeForce 4 with 128 megs of DDR RAM, i went to test it with OFP, i got a memory map file. And if i lower my AGP setting won't it not use all 128megs or video memory?

as for my specs:

Dell demention 8200(if that matters)

pentium 4 1.7 Ghz

700+ PC800 RAM

40GB 7200rpm hard disk

so on and so forth. THis is a kickass system that shouldn't have any problem running flashpoint resistance

i got it to work once by adjusting the agp apreture to 32MBs. To make sure it wasn't a fluke, i exited the game and restarted it. I think it was a fluke. I also tried changing what to use for generating graphics in the prefrences app. that didn't work. I change the apreture around and then back to 32, that didn't work. Could i be getting a missleading error messege? and what is apg apreture anyway. I'm an experienced comp user and have never heard of that.

uninstalled and reinstalled the game. the result was that it worked again and worked when i put the agp apreture back to 128 for my video card. I put 1.91 back and i got the error messege again. I conclude that 1.91 DOES NOT WORK WITH MY PNY VERTO geforce 4 128MB VIDEO CARD. is a BIS guy reading this. i hoppe so. I un and re installed the game but now i cant use many addons that need 1.85 or 1.90. @war has 1.90 but i get errors trying to dl (it says the server reset the connection) this happened twice so somethings up. my system specs have been listed above so PLEASE: BIS this is the most awsome game and you guys are the best! i hope you can fix this with a 1.92 again or repost 1.90. I NEED MY OFP DAMNIT! lol

thanks for that. IT DIDN'T WORK! rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. i am getting the memory map issue again! dear god why me! i need my flashpoint! F***ING S**T B***H A*S C**KSUCK!!!! this sucks. i am a skilled comp user and have never had this much trouble! I think it might have something todo with WinXP. F**K YOU MICROSOFT! thanks anyway placebo crazy.gifmad.gifconfused.gifwow.gif

i have determined that there is in fact a problem with o.pb because if i move o.pbo out of my flashpoint folder it will run. But, this doesn't make sence because even though i have a lot of addons, i have never had this problem before. Are the BIS guys reading this? Please help me, someone, anyone.

You have not determined that there is a problem with O.PBO, all you've done is to eliminate the symptom. In any event, OFP won't work terribly well without that file, so you might as well leave it where it is.

I think the easiest solution for now if you want to keep all of the addons you have is to use the OFP Addon Manager. You can find it on Decisive Killing Machine's site:

http://www.dkm-mod.mkdi.net/arc10-2002.html

look, i just tried that it didn't work. I can get it to work once sometimes and then it doesn't work the next. I have 768MBs or RAM. Frag, you said something about types of memory; maybe explain what that is and where i adjust that. This didn't start happening untill i put in my biger graphics card which leads me to believe there is somehow (even though its a different kind of memory) a conflict. maybe because of the way windows is programed (XP). Of course i would leave o.pbo in, i just wanted to see if maybe i was getting a diseptive error messege. The older version works fine. please someone help. where are the BIS guys on this one?

i needed a combination of agp apreture settings and the addon manager. What bothers me is why i have to do that. I would still love an answer to why i cant have tons of active addons when, like i said, i have over 700 megs of pc800 ram. thanks again!

Guest BratZ

Its prolly doing that because of your video card now has more memory and it is loading more.

I would check your windows swapfile size, see if its set to auto