Sign in to follow this  
Skul

Anti-gareth ga(y)tes campaign

Those of you who read my 'Mission Ambience' post in the ME&S section will know about this (BTW thanks, Silent N Deadly, for telling me where I could find new mission sounds). I have made a demo mission, but before I post it on here, I am going to ask BAD ASS JACK to beta test it (yes, BAJ, you will be the tester! tounge.gif ). After her.. er, his evaluation, I'll put it up.

Five Fantasy Islands of Insanity - Opeation: GARGAT shall be set loose upon thee.....  in a month or so! biggrin.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

Five Fantasy Islands of Insanity - Operation: GARGAT.....

...has been delayed for one more month. confused.gif

But it'll be out by this time next month. Lots of little things need to be sorted out... LOTS of little things...

[Gareth Gates must die]

Well when i saw pop idol i thought they were both gay, singing ain't a real man thing is it?

hehe let the battle commence!

a sad sad sa sad sad person who came second in Pop Idol in the UK

God havent people ever heard of the Foo Fighters, InMe, Less than Jake, Feeder, Nirvana (poor kurt, probibly shot by courntey) apart from us freaks in norfolk

IM DEFINATELY DOWNLOADING THIS MISSION

It appears that my PR has been removed and I'm back on the board! Hurrah! biggrin_o.gif (Groaning from the other members of the board)

rock.gif Anyhoo, this campaign will definitely be out next month, but until then, I'm going to make a demo mission. I'll try to release this ASAP.

Oh, and...

Quote from Sinister [tnuC]

Quote[/b] ]wtf is gareth gates?

That's a good question...wtf is gareth gates? It's some sort of evil demon, I say.

P.S. Thanks for your encouraging replies

P.S.S. Thanks for removing my PR, mods

Finally! After extensive testing, testing and re-testing (not to mention re-re-testing), the Operation: GARGAT Demo mission has been completed... and what a crappy little thing it's turned out to be. Y'see, the tirggers just refused to work, so I had to change them and resize them, replace them, you name it! Anyway, it's finished.......... biggrin_o.gif

What? Oh yes, the mission!

Download it here - Operation: GARGAT Demo

EDIT: Okay, apprently, I've used some of Kegety's snow soldiers in some of my missions. So unless you have Kegety's snow pack addon, don't click that link... mad_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

a sad sad sa sad sad person who came second in Pop Idol in the UK

God havent people ever heard of the Foo Fighters, InMe, Less than Jake, Feeder, Nirvana (poor kurt, probibly shot by courntey) apart from us freaks in norfolk

IM DEFINATELY DOWNLOADING THIS MISSION

Foos yes, InMe who the fuck are they, Less than Jake... are you crazy boy!? Feeder yeah, Nirvania original.

But about the mission, can you remove the snow guys?

Working on that just now... I still have to a bit of testing to MAKE ULTIMATELY SURE that there are no little snow guy sollies. The only addon you will need is the BMP2 (which - for those who don't have it - will be included in the updated link). Sorry for keeping you waiting so long, Gareth haters... you know mission making... extensive testing to make sure it doesn't bomb out every few plays (it's happened before). Anyway, I'll try to release this as soon as possible... triggers and waypoints and scripts... everything needs to be set up right and beta tested, etc...

[Gareth Gates must die]

Good news  biggrin_o.gif

But how does this mission have anything to do with Gareth Gates (i thought he was the guy with the big mouth that won, or is he the Spikey hair guy?). Do you have to go around trying to assasinate him or something? Also can i put it on the Campaigns section of OFPBase.com when its done?

No.

[Gareth Gates must die]

Good news  biggrin_o.gif

But how does this mission have anything to do with Gareth Gates (i thought he was the guy with the big mouth that won, or is he the Spikey hair guy?). Do you have to go around trying to assasinate him or something? Also can i put it on the Campaigns section of OFPBase.com when its done?

Sure you can put it on your website (it IS yours, right?).

Gareth is the spikey-haired little freak and the so-called 'big mouth' is named Will Young.

The demo mission is a slightly modified mission of the original campaign. The campaign has around 17 missions and it's basically a far-fetched idea of Gareth Gates controlling an army (and you can't get much more far-fetched than THAT, can you?). But at the end, you DO get to fight Gareth. However, Gareth is cheating in the last battle - just like it cheated in Pap Idol - but you'll have to get through the campaign to find out how. Once I get everything sorted out, I'll give you some of the details and so forth.

P.S. This is NOT an anti-gay thing. It's just a bit of fun and any offense caused to Gareth Gates is intentional! biggrin_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

Righty-ho! That's it all done up. A tiny bug, but it won't affect gameplay all that much. More details in the readme.

Operation: GARGAT Demo

Best part of the demo: NO SNOW GUYS!!! (Hopefully!) biggrin_o.gif

If you don't like this demo level, tell me and I'll try to release a better one (I don't like this one, myself, to be honest).

Peace out!

[Gareth Gates must die]

Right off the bat, you need to recognize the maker of BMP2.pbo in your readme file, and ask him/her permission to use his/her file in your addon. If it's an official addon then everybody should either have it, or have to pay for it, so it shouldn't be there anyway.

It freezes OFP when I'm at the briefing screen. sad_o.gif

K the demo mission is uploaded, just go to OFPBase.com and go to the Missions section (look at the menu on left), its in there.

And Skul, i dont own the website, but i post there and uplaod stuff.

Eek! No no! Take it down! The mission has something wrong with it AGAIN!! crazy_o.gif

I have to fix the mission AGAIN and upload it AGAIN because it's all fucked up AGAIN!

This mission was trouble from day one... mad_o.gif

Sorry! sad_o.gif

EDIT: Sorry, FSPilot... I never knew it did that... I tested it and there was no freeze-up... I've fixed a scripting problem in there, so it should work once I upload it ONE LAST TIME. After this, no more! I'm not going to spend the rest of the month working on a silly little demo that won't work! It's not worth all these delays!

[Gareth Gates must die]

I've got no clue why it would freeze, it's never done that before.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to it. smile_o.gif

(Faints from surprise)

Someone looking forward to a mission I made? wow_o.gif

Thanks, FS!

Anyway, I found the problem in a script. I had planned to disable the user's input so that they wouldn't mess up the opening sequence (it's a cutscene so you don't have to sit looking at the inside of an APC for about a minute or so). Why disable the user input? Well, the fade in script sometimes doesn't activate quite fast enough - even in the player's init field - but I've gotten rid of that.

SO! After I have tested it to death and beyond, THEN it will be released...

Apologies again... nothing's going right with this mission! I just hope it's not a bad omen for the full campaign!! sad_o.gif  wow_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

Ya know what? Screw the damned demo mission! It's all fucked up! Objective 2 doesn't complete, enemy soldiers fucking run off, even though they have 'allowfleeing 0' on them and the third objective activates at the wrong time!! I've had it with this crap! I'm just going to put my head down and polish off the campaign! mad_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must seriously fucking die!!!]

Just make sure you get it done before nobody knows who Gareth Gates is. tounge_o.gif

hehe. The campaign sounds ok... wanna no how he cheats tho tounge_o.gif

te_unknown_one

P.S can u rite a song for it? like "Unchained Machine Gun" or something hehe

Well, there's only one thing I can tell you.

The T800 addon will be needed, so that should give you a bit of a hint of how the dreaded beast cheats!

And... write a song, for it? rock.gif  biggrin_o.gif I dunno how to do that, but maybe someone could get Weird Al Yankovic to do the parody 'Unchained Machine Gun', or how about 'Chaingun Melody'!

I will try to finish off 'Five Fantasy Islands of Insanity - Operation: GARGAT' ASAP, 'cause I want to start work on the second one (the one where you play as one of the enemy soldiers), which will be entitled 'FFIOI - GARGAT Force'.

Also, I've got a vague idea for 'Five Fantasy Islands of Insanity II'!!! wink_o.gif

I just hope this campaign goes well. :-S

[Gareth Gates must die]