Sign in to follow this  
coockie_jr

Is prone

Is there a commande or a scripte to know if a plaer is proned or not ??

thx

Do you mean you want to make them be prone? If so......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setUnitPos "down"<span id='postcolor'>

I found that by searching, if that's the answer to your question this can be closed smile.gif

From the wording of his question, I assume he wants something that checks to see if a unit is prone.

I dunno how to do it as a script, but as triggers, I think it would look something like

Condition:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unitname setpos "down"<span id='postcolor'>

On Activation:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unitnameprone = true<span id='postcolor'>

Then have whatever you want to base the unit being prone on to

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unitnameprone = true<span id='postcolor'>

Nah, I think he wants a script snippet that will tell him if someone's prone or standing up. If he does, then he's outta luck.

There's no way (to my admittedly limited knowledge) to do that.  confused.gif

Edit: Just read Mongoose's post.

Your idea would work fine for AIs, but not the player, or even AIs that go prone due to being on "combat" behaviour.

I help'd! biggrin.gif

Well, theyretically, if when a unit was shot at, it switched into setbehaviour "combat", then it could be done.

If he wanted to detect that a unit was prone because it was being fired on, or something blew up, or there was shooting going on nearby, he could use 'knowsabout'.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> I help'd! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, yes you did! <pats Mongoose on head> (j/k wink.gif )

<puts on pedantic hat>

Only trouble with trying the "knowsabout" thing, is that it doesn't tell you what state he's in. Sure, he can know exactly who and where you are (name, rank, serial no.). But he may be running hell for leather to the nearest cover, or to tell his sarge, etc..

Also (and I'm not 100% on this), I don't think that there's any way to tell what behaviour someone's in. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this, please.

<takes off hat>

Blame it in the caffeine

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MintyBoy @ Mar. 31 2003,20:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also (and I'm not 100% on this), I don't think that there's any way to tell what behaviour someone's in. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this, please.<span id='postcolor'>

Probably not much help for your problem, but you can actually check behaviour:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

behaviour unit

Operand types:

unit: Object

Type of returned value:

String

Description:

Behaviour mode of given unit ("CARELESS","SAFE","AWARE","COMBAT","STEALTH")

Example:

behaviour player

<span id='postcolor'>

Oooooo! Now THAT'S one I've never noticed before. You're right, probably not a lot of use. But it never hurts to learn a new command. Cheers, Toadeater. smile.gif

thank you for all your help smile.gif

If anyone find the solution ... wink.gif