Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

M1a2 tank

*drools at the prospect of a realistic looking M1A2* tounge.gif

Any chance you could show us just one pic of your new model Sigma-6? Also, I've been playing around with Marfy's old desert M1A1 retextured version and that has a loader shouting, "up!" whenever a round is loaded, but unfortunately because of the sound engine you can here him shout it from hundreds of feet away! confused.gif If you have a loader shout in your upcoming version, could you make it so that whilst you can here him in the turret, you cannot from outside the tank? I don't know if this is possible - just something to think about. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Mar. 29 2003,19:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*drools at the prospect of a realistic looking M1A2*  tounge.gif

Any chance you could show us just one pic of your new model Sigma-6? Also, I've been playing around with Marfy's old desert M1A1 retextured version and that has a loader shouting, "up!" whenever a round is loaded, but unfortunately because of the sound engine you can here him shout it from hundreds of feet away!  confused.gif If you have a loader shout in your upcoming version, could you make it so that whilst you can here him in the turret, you cannot from outside the tank? I don't know if this is possible - just something to think about. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm... maybe as a crew-only radio message?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sigma-6 @ Mar. 29 2003,23:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They shout: "up!" when the round is in the breech and loaded.<span id='postcolor'>

damn too bad i dont have the site anymore... the site had inside sounds of a M1A1 when they started the attack on iraq in the first Gulfwar. you can hear them talking and also shouting words for reload and fire.

I DLed the MAF tanks. Indeed, the "UP" is part of the reload sound. After hearing this ingame I don't think this a good way to do this. It can (as said before) be heard from outside the tank.

A radiomassage by (for example) the gunner would be better, but I'm not sure if this is possible.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cpt. FrostBite @ Mar. 28 2003,19:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">to Gollum1;

allthough I like the idea, I think it won't work;

You can't have a groep of four tank anymore.

If this can be solved the idea could work.

to all;

I would also like to see a gun with recoil on the tank. DKM worked on this some time ago. They managed to get it working on their russian field gun (I'm not sure if they ever released that version).<span id='postcolor'>

take a group of 12 people, each crewman.

then place 12 empty tanks.

then via moveincommander move them in commander positions

same complete the crew with the rest of crew (gunner, driver, cargo), these 3 should be grouped. Best would be if the leader will be gunner tounge.gif

then you have a group of 12 tanks (because any player behaves in gunnerplace quite as a commander). It works :]

Can you still issue orders?? If not then it's very poor solution to increase the numner of tanks in one group.

It's too late now (in my country) to try this out today.

I'll sure do tomorrow.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">take a group of 12 people, each crewman.

then place 12 empty tanks.

then via moveincommander move them in commander positions

same complete the crew with the rest of crew (gunner, driver, cargo), these 3 should be grouped. Best would be if the leader will be gunner

then you have a group of 12 tanks (because any player behaves in gunnerplace quite as a commander). It works :]<span id='postcolor'>

Oh why couldn't computers have been made with the F13 F14 F15 keys sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Honestly I don't think having a loader is that big of deal. Since they wouldn't/couldn't do anything. The only time it would play any role at all would be if they had to get out of the tank. I'd say don't put it in since you wouldn't be able to have as many tanks per group.

Did anyone ever think of adding a mine plow to the M1? It would be rather cool to have one in OFP....

plow.jpg