Pav Tul

Changing the addons folder

Question

Hello.

i used to play operation flashpoint back in the day when everything was neat and easy with the mods. Nowdays its all heavy and sophisticated with scripts and such.

I'm looking for a way to change the path of the addons folder from my C drive to move it do D drive where i have 1TB of space.

if i'm not in the correct forum i apologize and please move it to the relevant.

much obliged and have a good day.

8 answers to this question

Hi,

The startup parameter you seek is -addonsDir and most likely -addonDownloadDir

You can find the full info on the following biki-page.

• Like 1

I understand the process but when i right click on ArmaReforgerSteam and click properties i can't change the line on the path in the general tab

23 minutes ago, Pav Tul said:

I understand the process but when i right click on ArmaReforgerSteam and click properties i can't change the line on the path in the general tab

You need to create a shortcut of ArmaReforgerSteam.exe first. Right click on it and select create shortcut or select copy and then paste shortcut. Now edit that shortcut with desired parameters.

55 minutes ago, Pav Tul said:

You can make a separate shortcut as Janez has opted. If you want to use steam, you have to add these parameters in the Launch Options (to be found on the General Tab -> right-click on ArmaReforger ).

Or is that what your problem is?

Just made the solution with the steam Launcher!

thanks alot

• Like 1

Good to see you've got it working.

The shortcut method should work as well. Because of spaces within the path you have to use quotation marks in the command-line options as you know. But they have to be in the right place.

So the Target field should contain something like this:     "E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma Reforger\ArmaReforgerSteam.exe" -AddonsDir d:\DownloadedMods -addonDownloadDir d:\DownloadedMods

Leave the starting folder as-is.

How did you do it, I can't do it, my game is on my SSD F: and my mods are downloaded to my ssd C  Windows, it takes up space I would like to move the folder mod to F: someone help me?