Sign in to follow this  
Milkman

I cant belive this!

Alright, that is it! Im tired of the 1985 campaign mission "Guardian". I got through it fine untill i reached Dourdan. THe first thing that went wrong was the drivers for the convoy got out of their vehicles AND WALKED OFF!!! WHAT IS THIS SHIT!? I cried, but i decided to put my soldiers in as drivers and i headed off. When I was just past La Trinite, I noticed a bug.what hapensin is when going downhill, your vehicle acts as if it going up a 90 degree angle, but when going up a hill, its like falling off a ledge! ANd that was okay, UNTILL IT FLIPPED THE TRUCKS IN THE CONVOY!! I got the radio that said i screwed up the mission, even though i could easly flip the trucks back onto their wheels. How do i get around this??? It is really pissing me off!!! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Well I guess it dosn't matter anymore now. All the sudden, I am now getting the error "Cannot memorymap campaigns/1985.PBO", oh well I guess my computer is going to hell... Time to buy a new one!!! (I have waited 4 years...)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ Jan. 30 2003,01:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what hapensin is  when going downhill, your vehicle acts as if it going up a 90 degree angle, but when going up a hill, its like falling off a ledge!<span id='postcolor'>

Are you running OFP 1.91?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS IN 1.91

==================================

1.91 - Fixed: When MP mission was played after resistance campaign, weapon pool was available in MP.

1.91 - New: New scripting function typeOf <object>.

1.91 - Fixed: Vehicle movements were too slow downhill on some roads.<span id='postcolor'>

Also, while we're here, did you also install the Campaign 1985 update (1.90) patch?

About your memory map problem, all I can say is ..................

...................... search The FAQ for "memory map". biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ Jan. 30 2003,01:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well I guess it dosn't matter anymore now. All the sudden, I am now getting the error "Cannot memorymap campaigns/1985.PBO", oh well I guess my computer is going to hell... Time to buy a new one!!! (I have waited 4 years...)<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Cannot memorymap campaigns/1985.PBO<span id='postcolor'>

I don't remember that one.

I did a search too but came up empty.

if all else fails reinstall with all the patches

No, I did not install 1.91, it does more harm than good. No, I did not install the 1985 upgrade, it too does more harm than good, it would probly screw up my campaign just like the Red Hammer update too. The error message, its not written right, I was too lazy to minimize this window and look at the error message. And Finally, I got the game to work, I dunno how but now im already on Wake Up call, god the campaign got really easy all the sudden...

since this is more about 1985.pbo problem, i'll move it to troubleshooting for now.

The 1985.PBO file is not causing the problem, the problem simply occurs when OFP tries to memory-map that particular file.

The cause is a lack of resources, likely due to an excessive number of files in the Addons directory.

Hey Mr Frag, you were right!

I posted this thing along time ago and I am surprised it resurfaced, but anyways. I did have a number of stupid addons that I was too lazy to delete and now that they are gone, the problem dosn't seem to occur that much.

The other thing that might help you avoid this problem in the future is reducing the AGP Aperture Size in the BIOS.

Please note that some games may be picky about this particular setting, and not run or run slowly with a particular value, so you may need to experiment a little.

Alright, that is it! Im tired of the 1985 campaign mission "Guardian". I got through it fine untill i reached Dourdan. The first thing that went wrong was the drivers for the convoy got out of their vehicles AND WALKED OFF!!! WHAT IS THIS SHIT!?

This has got to be the funniest line on the forum. Laughed - I nearly wet myself.