Cruiser1092

Notes on blackboard/billboard

Hello guys.
Would there be a way to insert a blackboard on which you can write a SITREP while carrying out the mission? like a blackboard with persistence that is updated by the players every time they progress through the campaign. Maybe there was something similar in the ALIVE mod.

The closer I have seen, long ago, was a system which would spawn a billboard at specific places - every time players would reach there - and, providing the variable/conditions status, would show a different image on it. So the mission makers had several pre-defined images to use, and whether this or that objective was successful or failed so far, a proper image would appear showing that.

This would likely be a good candidate for the relatively new UI to texture/advanced using procedural textures, of which you place the texture on the board with setObjectTexture/Global?

Whenever you need to update the texture use displayUpdate command.

I have not experimented with these new procedural textures yet, so I have no example to show, but presume this is the sort of thing they were implemented for?

• Like 2